Menu

Walmart Box Fans: Warning

I thought this thread was for people who are fans of WalMart boxes. I was wondering if perhaps Walmart made great moving boxes.

That is not good about the fan blades. Can you return them? I wouldn't want that potentially toxic off gassing in my house.

I'm going to call the CPSC and Walmart is offering me an upgrade (she lowered the price of a higher grade fan, but I still have a $5 difference to pay...still better than toxins).

I'd be tempted to take a refund and shop elsewhere if you can.

We got a better fan for half the $$ at Home Depot.

I'd be tempted to take a refund and shop elsewhere if you can.

We got a better fan for half the $$ at Home Depot.

I think I would just buy a different brand. WM doesn't manufactor the fan. HD (and other stores) sell the same brands.

I think I would just buy a different brand. WM doesn't manufactor the fan. HD (and other stores) sell the same brands.

I realize Wal-Mart doesn't manufacture the fan **BUT** they do negotiate with manufacturers to meet certain price points by "cheapening" the product. ;)

A Lasko fan at Wal-Mart is less quality than a Lasko fan anywhere else. ;)

I realize Wal-Mart doesn't manufacture the fan **BUT** they do negotiate with manufacturers to meet certain price points by "cheapening" the product. ;)

A Lasko fan at Wal-Mart is less quality than a Lasko fan anywhere else. ;)

Not always that case. I worked in management for Lowes and later Sears and we would price match by model numbers. We often carried the exact same model numbers. The manufacturers would change the model number if the materials or manufacturing were different. They can also get the good price because of the quantity. It's probably true for their lowest priced item but often the mid-tier is about what is carried at other stores.

They would only do instore credit (I didn't have the receipt). They did upgrade us and we did NOT have to pay the difference (entirely different brand). We saw a guy in the parking lot that had just bought one like we had returned, so we went up to him and warned him about it.