Menu

Man, I was a jerk today....

So, I was catching up the budget today and I noticed dh had withdrew $20 and I was wondering why as we discuss upcoming purchases (as the budget is tight and we don't have anything else but groceries, gas and giving budgeted for rest of the month). I was feeling a little irritated by it and thinking he was being wasteful(to my defense I'm feeling pregnant and hormonal today!). He tells me when he gets home that he picked up a lady and her child who were hitchhiking (at 6am mind you) and bought them breakfast. Evidently they had slept under the bridge last night. So, glad I didn't say anything and feeling so bad that I felt annoyed.

Just focus on what a great man your dh is and forget that you had a few NORMAL thoughts when you are responsible for the budget. I have had those thoughts when a charge comes thru that I made but forgot it was ME -humbling!

Give that man an extra hug!

Just focus on what a great man your dh is and forget that you had a few NORMAL thoughts when you are responsible for the budget. I have had those thoughts when a charge comes thru that I made but forgot it was ME -humbling!

Give that man an extra hug!

:iagree::grouphug:

that is so sad about the "family under the bridge". I wish I could do stuff like that (safely). But I am so afraid to reach out to people like that, especially with kids in the car.

I do remember my mother one time picking up a lady that was walking down the road carrying her groceries. There was a very narrow bridge coming up and my mom stopped and drove her to where she was headed. But that was almost 20 years ago.

I'm not brave enough to do such things either, especially being a women with kids, but I am proud that he does. I hope they made it all the way to where they were going, they were working their way south evidently, hopefully they have family, they didn't tell dh anymore.