Menu

Paula's Choice--anyone not like it??

I hadn't heard of Paula's Choice skin care until today. I've spent way too much time on the interwebs looking at it this morning and I can't find too many negative reviews. I'm about to spend a chunk of change on new face stuff unless someone here convinces me not too :001_smile:.

I picked up the daily and weekly AHA (I think they are AHA?) lotions and really like both. I just went with samples initially, and they were very fairly priced even with shipping. You can order a bunch of individual packets and they were inexpensive to ship. As a bonus, I got a followup email a few weeks later for free shipping, so you may want to go the sample route for that reason.

I have extremely sensative skin tending towards eczema that does better with the Cerave line of moisturizers, but other than that I use only her products. My kids' dermatologist raves about Cerave, and I do like it better than anyting that Paula carries and it is cheaper.

Sorry, no negative here- I bought an entire collection (Skin Balancing) and I am not lying or exaggerating when I say my skin has NEVER looked better....its balanced! Not too dry and not too oily- fine lines are reduced w/ proper hydration and I haven't had breakouts. :)

I waited for a sale, and bought the whole 6 pc line for $85- and used all 5 steps religiously, AM & PM, and within 2 weeks I noticed a huge difference! Huge. HUGE! I've tried a lot of products, and found that very few things work as promised...and being a fan of her research and such for years, I decided to stop piece-mealing things together, and buy her entire line. PLUS, her line has a fantastic return policy.

I didn't care much for her products (I sampled quite a few things...and often if you buy some samples, they'll send you a $5 coupon....and you can turn around and buy a bunch more samples!).

I did, however, discover my fave toner from her recs (Clinque's Sensitive toning lotion).

I have recently ordered from her and I would start out with samples of products you are interested in. I think it was $0.80 per sample. Order 2 or more samples of a product if you want to test it for a week or so as these samples are only enough for 2-3 applications.

So far I am pleased with the product I bought.

I love her stuff. Don't use them every single day however.

I prefer the BHA gels over the Resist line. She recommends using the BHA gels in the daytime or something. That doesn't work for me. I need to use it at night. If I use it in the day, my skin shows all the peeling and flaking. Not good.

The products I really love ~ bear in mind that everyone's skin is different. Mine is combination.

Skin Balance Moisture Gel

BHA Gel

Mattifying Concentrate

Mask

Sunblock

Certainly there are many who like her products. But I would suggest going the sample route first just to make sure.

I haven't found any of her products that work well for me. Every time I try, I end up with irritation. Most of her cleansers dry out my combination skin. A lot of her lotions and gels contain either cyclopentasiloxane (a silicone) or mineral oil. Both of which my skin hates.

I have had better luck with a very simple (and cheap) routine of Olay Sensitive cleanser with Olay Sensitive SPF 30 for day and Cerave PM for night.