Menu

Excercise thread 7/8-7/14

Happy Monday.

I was lazy this weekend. Saturday I ran errands all morning, spent the afternoon watching "Downton Abbey", and then spent the evening shopping. Sunday, I lazed all day.

This morning I did Tracy Anderson level 5. :001_smile:

It's easy to laze around in the summer. What are you doing to motivate yourself to get up and move?

We took our run to the high school stadium and ran on their track. It was a nice change and amazing how much further I can go when I am not running up hill LOL It was also nice to have the kids in the football field playing while we jogged on by. I could keep an eye on them.

I just started going to a CrossFit gym. Today was the first day. I would rather be in labor again than go back. :glare: It was NOT fun. I almost passed out during the WARM UP part. So embarrassing. I do not understand people who actually enjoy doing this stuff, I'd much rather take a nap. :D However, dh paid for the month, and I promised him I'd try it for that long, so I guess I'll go back. ;)

I just started going to a CrossFit gym. Today was the first day. I would rather be in labor again than go back. :glare: It was NOT fun. I almost passed out during the WARM UP part. So embarrassing. I do not understand people who actually enjoy doing this stuff, I'd much rather take a nap. :D However, dh paid for the month, and I promised him I'd try it for that long, so I guess I'll go back. ;)

CrossFit is really hard core! So if you aren't used to that level be very careful!

Monday ran 1.5 miles.

Tuesday ran 3 miles.

It's awful sticky outside right now, but I'm not complaining because we actually got some rain! It was nice not to be kicking up dust.

It was also nice to have the kids in the football field playing while we jogged on by. I could keep an eye on them.

Yet another reason I run on my driveway. I'm within sight distance at all times. Of course, the other two reasons are 1) I'm a cheapskate who'd rather not pay to use a gym with 2) other people.

Edited by Critterfixer

May I please join in?

I have a lot of weight to lose, but my bigger goal is just to get healthier and set a good example for my kids. The two big ones are both very active now and I want to encourage that as they get older.

I decided to start off by setting a goal of losing DD2's weight. She was ~15 lbs the last time she was weighed so that's my current goal. I started a couple of weeks ago. I haven't really changed my food at all since I'm nursing DD and I'm nervous that I'm going to hurt my supply.

Here's what I've done so far this week:

Sunday - walked 3 miles

Monday - went bowling with the kids, walked 3 miles

Tuesday - went bowling with the kids

Wednesday - walked 3 miles

Monday - Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training - upper body and lower body segments

Tuesday - same as Monday

Wednesday - same DVD just the lower body segment

I did the upper body segments of this dvd last Thursday and Friday as well.

It has now been three weeks since my hernia surgery. I had my first follow-up visit on Monday. My surgeon says I can do anything other than targeted abs. I have another follow-up at six weeks after which I should be able to do anything at all. My challenge is that so many of my dvds contain combo moves. Yes, some circuits are more "ab-ish" than others, but it makes me too nervous to try to figure out what is too much. So, I am only sticking with this one Jackie Warner dvd for now since it is the only one I have targeted to specific areas. I do have BBL, and I have thought about doing High and Tight, but I still think there is quite a bit of ab stuff in that (being on all fours doing the leg weight stuff since he talks about "holding your core.") It would probably be okay, but I don't want to chance it.

My legs have been really sore! It is amazing how quickly one loses strength after three weeks off. I am also using lighter weights on my arms/upper body stuff. Just trying to ease back in at the right pace.

Using only one dvd is rather dull, but it is what it is. We are vacationing next week so I won't be doing anything. When we return our move will be in full swing, though I still plan to work in the above dvd as much as I can. After we close on July 30th, I only have a few more days until I am good for everything. The move has been a good distraction. Besides I have been getting some "functional fitness" packing. NOT moving boxes - just packing them. :D

Guest nicholasnichola

Exercise is very good for Health..Exercise is regular used the person are fit and healthy..Exercise is maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness.

A wee bit late to this thread. :lol:

Sun: Nothing, too hot!

Mon: Level 4 of Ripped in 30

Tues: Insanity Pure Cardio

Wed: JM's Yoga Meltdown, Level 1 + 1 hour of Zumba

Thurs: Flirty Girl Booth Beat

AND, I'll be doing another "workout" tonight, because I'll actually be demonstrating Flirty Girl at on of my local gyms for the chance at possibly being hired! I am super excited/nervous/scared out of my mind! If I get this job it'll be my first paying job in a decade! Even if it would only be very, very part time, and probably no "benefits" other than perhaps a free membership at the gym, and I already have a membership at a different one. :lol:

I have lost 10 pounds in nearly a month

:D

AND, I'll be doing another "workout" tonight, because I'll actually be demonstrating Flirty Girl at on of my local gyms for the chance at possibly being hired! I am super excited/nervous/scared out of my mind! If I get this job it'll be my first paying job in a decade! Even if it would only be very, very part time, and probably no "benefits" other than perhaps a free membership at the gym, and I already have a membership at a different one. :lol:

good luck

Fri: Level 1 of JM's 6 Week 6 Pack. Haven't done this one in ages, and boy did I feel it! :lol:

And I ended up actually *not* doing a Flirty Girl demo last night. They mainly just wanted to talk to me. Instead, they're going to spring me on their regular Wednesday Zumba class to see how I do. :willy_nilly:

Fri: Level 1 of JM's 6 Week 6 Pack. Haven't done this one in ages, and boy did I feel it! :lol:

And I ended up actually *not* doing a Flirty Girl demo last night. They mainly just wanted to talk to me. Instead, they're going to spring me on their regular Wednesday Zumba class to see how I do. :willy_nilly:

Nice!

Wed-worked all day

Thur-ran 3 miles. I overheated. Wasn't nice at all.

Fri-working all day.

Saturday-Will probably run 3 to 4 miles, but depends on the weather. It's cooler now (upper 90 instead of 100+) but the humidity jumped up a lot. So the risk is not dehydration as much as heat stress.

But on the plus side I lost three pounds this week and broke 170.

May I join in? :001_smile:

Typically I just run, but I've been struggling with a cyclical calf injury so I've been trying to mix it up this past month-

I'm working out 2x a week (Mon and Wed or Thurs) with a Pilates trainer. (It's crazy, I never leave feeling like I got a hard workout- but I'm ALWAYS sore the next couple of days!) I'm easing back into running by splitting up my workouts- Jillian Micheals' 30 Day Shred in the morning and a quick, short run in the afternoon. Oddly enough, doing that has seemed to ramp up my metabolism and I'm suddenly losing weight.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to continue this schedule when school starts back up...

Did my week 4 day 1 of c25k yesterday. Really thought I would need two weeks to master this level since I did for week 3 but I mastered it day 1. Did not feel like quitting before the end of the intervals! My MIL started running with us as well this past week. Been a good week and looking forward to next week :D

Sun

45 minutes treadmill; Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones

Mon

45 minutes treadmill; half of Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones

Tues

Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones

Wed

45 minutes treadmill

Thurs

Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones

Fri

rested