Menu

The Party is Over...

We have had such a fantastic week with MariannNOVA and her family. I can't believe it is over already.

We saw so many amazing things in DC, became pros at riding the metro, ate at IHOP enough times to last us another year, and took hundreds of pics.

Thanks to Mariann and her dh we had a beautiful, comfortable place to stay all week which made such a HUGE difference when traveling with small children. They even put fresh flowers from their own garden in the cottage for us!

Our kids all got along like best friends and we had a fabulous time having dinner together. And as a going away present Mariann bought me the best gift ever! It is this cool, air tight cereal dispenser. We have to keep all our cereal in air tight containers in Malaysia because of ants and she has one on her kitchen counter. I commented on how awesome it was and a few days later she bought me one! Isn't she great?

I am so happy to have met her family and to have made new friends and we are already cooking up plans in our brains to see them again!

We have had such a fantastic week with MariannNOVA and her family. I can't believe it is over already.

We saw so many amazing things in DC, became pros at riding the metro, ate at IHOP enough times to last us another year, and took hundreds of pics.

Thanks to Mariann and her dh we had a beautiful, comfortable place to stay all week which made such a HUGE difference when traveling with small children. They even put fresh flowers from their own garden in the cottage for us!

Our kids all got along like best friends and we had a fabulous time having dinner together. And as a going away present Mariann bought me the best gift ever! It is this cool, air tight cereal dispenser. We have to keep all our cereal in air tight containers in Malaysia because of ants and she has one on her kitchen counter. I commented on how awesome it was and a few days later she bought me one! Isn't she great?

I am so happy to have met her family and to have made new friends and we are already cooking up plans in our brains to see them again!

:crying: We hate to see you guys go!!!!! It all went by too quickly.

Awesome!

Yup - it was.:)

i'm so glad your families meshed so well!!!

Mariann, you are so sweet!

Can I bring my llamas when I come stay in the guest cottage? They will keep the lawn trimmed........

:leaving:

Hey now. Back off the guest cottage. How am I ever gonna get Mariann to head north of the border if you guys keep her entertained, visited and loved down there?!

Hey now. Back off the guest cottage. How am I ever gonna get Mariann to head north of the border if you guys keep her entertained, visited and loved down there?!

You are so funny! I was telling Heather at dinner last night that we loved having such a wonderful family a mere 20 feet from us in the guest cottage -- and then I realized that perhaps that is what it is like to have neighbors that you love. I have NEVER experienced that till now.

Aww, I'm sorry your time is up. I was having fun living vicariously through you;)

Where to next, Heather?

Heather cannot go anywhere till she gets her laundry out of the clothes dryer.:lol::lol::lol:

Now i am wishing that we had installed the motorized gates at the entrance to the drive way. I would lock the gates and throw away the remote so their family couldn't leave;).

You are so funny! I was telling Heather at dinner last night that we loved having such a wonderful family a mere 20 feet from us in the guest cottage -- and then I realized that perhaps that is what it is like to have neighbors that you love. I have NEVER experienced that till now.

Heather cannot go anywhere till she gets her laundry out of the clothes dryer.:lol::lol::lol:

Now i am wishing that we had installed the motorized gates at the entrance to the drive way. I would lock the gates and throw away the remote so their family couldn't leave;).

Remember... A kitchen and one more bedroom... That's all we need. :tongue_smilie:

Remember... A kitchen and one more bedroom... That's all we need. :tongue_smilie:

I told dh that yesterday when he got home from the swim meet -- in a nanosecond he said: 'We can do that!' :)

:)

We miss seeing the lights on in the cottage and your van in the driveway. *sniff*

You only need the bedroom, Mariann can cook! :lol:

THAT sound you hear is people all over fairfax County laughing out loud!!!!:lol::lol:

Actually, I can cook and I do -- fabulous, elaborate meals on holidays and special occasions. Everyday stuff - meh.:laugh: Heather is welcome in my kitchen any time.:)

SO glad you had a great visit. Heather, I'm still a bit wistful at what "could have been," but God has been so incredibly gracious as we turned our eyes from Malaysia to Raleigh. With that said, no chance you're coming to Central NC during your time is Asheville, is there? I would love to see you!

And Mariann, what a lovely host you are!

Mariann, can I bring my 8 cats with me? they would ferilize your lawn, do any digging you need done in your garden and get rid of any flowers that you might not love, oh heck, they will get rid of any flowers that you might love also.

:lol:

If you want to ship your cats to Miami so you can have a cat-free vacation, they can go dig in my mom's flowerbed. :glare: (Vacant house with cats squatting--no pun intended.)

The more the merrier, you know. (Not.)

I told dh that yesterday when he got home from the swim meet -- in a nanosecond he said: 'We can do that!' :)

We miss seeing the lights on in the cottage and your van in the driveway. *sniff*

THAT sound you hear is people all over fairfax County laughing out loud!!!!:lol::lol:

Actually, I can cook and I do -- fabulous, elaborate meals on holidays and special occasions. Everyday stuff - meh.:laugh: Heather is welcome in my kitchen any time.:)

We miss you all already even though we are having fun with our friends here. My kids miss your kids a lot! And I will happily cook for you any time... Well, except Italian maybe. I am too intimidated to cook Italian for your family! :D

I'm green with envy, but so glad you guys had such a great visit. :)

:001_smile:

Mariann, can I bring my 8 cats with me? they would ferilize your lawn, do any digging you need done in your garden and get rid of any flowers that you might not love, oh heck, they will get rid of any flowers that you might love also.

THIS is so funny -- our hound HATES cats -- petsmart cannot even put him in the private suite in the front of the pet hotel b/c he can see the cats from there and he will bay at them 24/7. You can hear him baying if you are at the end of their parking lot and he is in the store.

:lol:

If you want to ship your cats to Miami so you can have a cat-free vacation, they can go dig in my mom's flowerbed. :glare: (Vacant house with cats squatting--no pun intended.)

The more the merrier, you know. (Not.)

We miss you all already even though we are having fun with our friends here. My kids miss your kids a lot! And I will happily cook for you any time... Well, except Italian maybe. I am too intimidated to cook Italian for your family! :D

Oh, heather -- don't be intimidated -- you open up a jar of Giada's and you are a gourmet italian chef!!!!!;)