Menu

Postpartum hair loss?

I had the same problem with all of my pregnancies. I freak out every time...and have to laugh now. But like everyone else said, it will get back to normal soon. Prenatal vitamins are a big help. I have seen some supplements for hair and nails at the health food store.

I currently have beautiful thick hair!! I can do two braids and have them be a decent size. Normally my single braid is as thin as my four year old's braid ;) I know that when this baby is about 6 months, that will all change. Vitamin supplements or not, the hair will fall out, I will clog all the drains in the house as my hair falls out constantly. It is normal.

I always had long, thick hair and barely noticed losing any after pregnancy. After my third (last) one I did start losing and it hasn't stopped. She is turning four on Saturday, and my hair is much thinner and isn't gaining in length so quickly anymore.

I thought I might be going through an early perimenopaus.

I always had long, thick hair and barely noticed losing any after pregnancy. After my third (last) one I did start losing and it hasn't stopped. She is turning four on Saturday, and my hair is much thinner and isn't gaining in length so quickly anymore.

I thought I might be going through an early perimenopaus.

I'm NOT a doctor. But... do you take a multivitamin? I just came back from the doctor about this. I can't eat gluten which means that I hardly ever eat anything fortified. So when they tested me for vitamins I was low in B, Zinc and Iron... the exact vitamins that will make your hair fall out. It takes almost 6 months of fixing that deficiency to see results. Argh!

Mine started when my little one was about 4 months. It was coming out in clumps. My hair was halfway down my back and by December I was so sick of hair in the shower, I cut it to my chin. It still was coming out but didn't seem as much. By February, almost a year after her birth, it finally stopped. All of my thin areas are growing back in and now my hair is shoulder length.

I was told to just hang in there and it will level out. It happened with all three of my pregnancies.

:iagree:This happened to me with #3. I have very thick, curly hair, and even I thought I was going to have bald patches! My hair stylist told me it's a hormonal balance thing that generally corrects itself, and for me it did.