Menu

Updates on my family for those of you that have prayed...

Things are looking pretty good these days for my son regarding his transition to another anti-psychotic medication for his Bipolar Disorder. He's been doing very well and I'm so far very relieved. I guess there's always some apprehension on my part because in the past, whenever he was doing super well he would soon after fall into another manic episode. This has gone on a little longer though, so I felt it was safe to report some good news. If any of you out there feel led to keep him in your prayers though, I'd be so thankful. A's life has been so difficult up til now, but currently he has a job that he really likes and he's been able to earn some of his own income for an extended period of time. I can't even begin to tell you how huge this is for him.

Also, I shared in the past about my dh having to retrain for another career after having a stroke and losing his credentials to continue truck driving. Well, I have to say that he's doing really, really well in school. For the past five months he's been at the top of his class grade-wise. He's in a certificate program, but his adviser has been encouraging him to go on for the more advanced degree since he's been doing so well. And lo and behold, the VA has a special program running for the next 12 months and dh qualified to be in it!

Our family has had so much heartache and stress for so long now, that I'm almost afraid to let myself be happy that these things are happening. All I can say, is that God is good and I am very, very thankful. Thankful for the doors that are opening for two of the most important people in my life and also thankful for your prayers, support and encouragement.

((Hugs)) to everyone!

Blessings,

Lucinda

What wonderful blessings! :001_smile::001_smile::001_smile:

Yes, truly!!

It's wonderful to hear such good news from you. You and your family have been in my thoughts for a long time. :grouphug:

Really? Wow, that just warms my heart. Thank you for sharing that!!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Thanks so much, everyone! Like a lot of others I sometimes forget to give updates after asking for prayer, so I wanted to let you know how things are going. I know how encouraging it is for all of us to find that prayers we've offered up are being answered. This is all an important part of the faith building process.

Blessings,

Lucinda