Menu

Please Help - Cat Pee!

We have two, female, indoor cats. They are sisters, about 10 years old. They are very sweet cats, but one of them has taken to peeing around the house. She targets flip flops, dishtowels, and clothing. This morning she peed on my sons's jeans, which had been left on the floor.

I am seriously ready to wring her little neck.

We have two litter boxes, changed every other day, one on each floor of the house. We use Feline Pine litter. The last time she "inappropriately eliminated" we took her to the vet, who could find no issues with the cat.

Suggestions????

I would book an appointment with the vet. With cats that age, a sudden change in behaviour would signal a health problem to me. Besides that , it seems a cat's favorite way of getting attention for anything is peeing.:glare:

We have a cat like that. We keep everything off the floor that she likes to go on: towels, clothing, soft things, rugs, etc. And then I keep the litter box cleaned and litter is not allowed to be outside of the box or she will go on it. She will also pull out toilet paper to go on.

Good luck.:001_smile:

I was told cats like 2 boxes apiece, for #1 and #2, and they don't like to share. I only have 1 cat, but she does use the boxes that way! This is a new behavior for your cat, so I don't have any good suggestions, but I hope she stops it!

We have a healthy cat who will pee on almost everything you listed, but her big love is dirty socks. We've learned not to leave clothes, etc. on the floor or piled where the cat likely to be. The kids are trained to put their socks right in the washing machine when they take their shoes off.

I feel your pain and so far we have found no good solutions. We have gotten rid of 2 cats due to this issue, and we still have one (a male) who has a problem with it, plus both he and the female poop outside the box, too. :ack2: Maybe we just make cats neurotic? Anyway, we've tried sprays, aluminium foil on the main surfaces, baking soda to get rid of odor, anti-bacterial carpet-wash, professional cleaning.....all cats have been declared healthy by the vet (i.e. no urinary tract infections, anything else like that)

Just want to say I feel your pain.

Wash everything she pees on in hot water and use a vinegar rinse. Don't leave any underwear, shorts, pants, etc on floor. Spray floors w/ something like nature's miracle, or even just wipe non carpet areas w/ vinegar. I have a cat that hates a dirty house, and will pee on things when she's mad at us. :(

Try changing the litter every day - and making sure no clothes or soft items are left out for a while. Even though you have been doing it this way, kitty may have decided she's had enough, and she wants clean litter every day :D

Or try adding at another litter box.