Menu

WWYD if you were hsing come childrenin and ps for others and the

State legislature decides they don't like the school calendar and makes the school change it suddenly and you had already planned a vacation for the October week the ps was to have off. would you just take ps kids out anyways and ejoy your vacation without guilt of them missing 3 days of school or canceltrip? I know last year in another school disctrict the students only had part week off but many acqaintances took the entire week without a second thought. Part of me is rebellious:001_rolleyes: and wantswill go anyways and part of me is a rule follower and wants to avoid conflict at all cost. :leaving:

If you can easily reschedule, it would be easier for your kids. If not I would go but be sure and let the teachers know when you scheduled the trip. I wouldn't count on the kids for the information to get through. Some teachers don't give work to make up until students are back so take that into account. I hope it works out well.

It would depend on the grade level of the children. For elementary age, I'd do it without a second thought. For high school age, I'd have to think about it more.

If you can easily reschedule, it would be easier for your kids. If not I would go but be sure and let the teachers know when you scheduled the trip. I wouldn't count on the kids for the information to get through. Some teachers don't give work to make up until students are back so take that into account. I hope it works out well.

:iagree:

Reschedule if you can to the week they are now off of school.

I would not have my highschooler miss 3 days of school for a non-emergency.

I would find out your schools' policy for missing school days for vacation and make sure I did those and then enjoy my vacation.

I have kids in a couple of different schools with different calendars and stuff sometimes comes up where I can't coordinate to fit each child's schedule. So, sometimes kids miss a day or so here and there. They are rarely sick so that isn't an issue either.

So, enjoy your vacation.

Several months ago, we took my dd10 off of gluten. She had been dealing with stomach aches for 2-3 months every morning. We tried dairy free but that didn't make any difference with the stomach aches.

Within a couple of days of gf we noticed a huge improvement -- no stomach aches, laughing a lot more, less glassy eyed, clearer complexion -- basically a new child. We never cheated.

As time has gone on dh let her have some gluten.It started with 1 donut, a couple of weeks later she had a slice of gluten bread and she has never had a reaction. Since then she has a small amount of gluten about every 2 weeks. She doesn't suffer any stomach aches or show any other signs of gluten problems.

We continue to be gluten free at home. We aren't really interested in changing that. I am curious if anyone else has experienced a similar occurrence where you added gluten back to the diet and never had to go gluten free again or if you had to stay on a minimal gluten free diet.

Thanks

How sudden are we talking?

2012/2013 calendar was set and approved locally before end of school year. Long story short the new school guidelines were given by the state a few weeks ago and local schools had to change their calendars, extend summer vacation by 2 weeks and took out the October break we've had for years.