Menu

Favorite kids magazines?

What magazines do your kids like? My mom wants to get my kids a subscription to something, but I'm not sure what to suggest. They already get the Lego/LegoJr magazines and love them. Also, we are Christian, so no science mags with evolutionary teaching, please. BTW, they will be 4th and K grades when we start school back. Thanks!

We've had subscriptions to these at various times:

National Geographic Kids

Ranger Rick

Family Fun (your dd might like this if she's crafty/likes to cook)

Highlights

Ladybug / Spider / Cricket (these are literature; there are other choices from this publisher in history, non-fiction, etc.)

Erica in OR

My kids love God's World News...they have several different age levels. We have gotten the kids magazines from Focus on the Family and have enjoyed those. We also really enjoy the Answers in Genesis magazine...every issue has a small pull-out section for kids and a passcode for online access for additional features.

We recently took a trip to the library to research the same thing.

I told the kids that they could take out any magazine that interested them from the children's section. I then watched which ones they gravitated toward and read through each of the ones that they chose to bring home (there are more than I remembered). We came home with several great options, but I settled on "Ranger Rick" for my crew. There was another one about US history called "Cobblestone" that I was really drawn to, but it will have to wait for another year or so.

I'm not sure if my choices would fit your family, but I thought I'd toss them out there anyway.

We have always had subscriptions to chirp/chickadee/owl

When we can afford it we get national geographic kids, or ranger rick etc

Jack & jill is one we had for a while. and dd gets one that is written just for girls, I can't recall the name off hand, not American girl I don't think but something like that.

Kayak is a magazine for Canadian social studies/history (like cobblestone is in the USA)

Yes magazine and Know magazine are great science based ones we love

Check out Focus on the Family's website!! My boys get Clubhouse magazine and I know they have other magazines available too, just for girls. They absolutely love them (I have never thrown away a single issue because they read them over and over again!).

Check out Focus on the Family's website!! My boys get Clubhouse magazine and I know they have other magazines available too, just for girls. They absolutely love them (I have never thrown away a single issue because they read them over and over again!).

I have purchased these in the past as gifts, but have never actually seen one. They sound really good though!

To answer the original post, my kids LOVE national geographic. We get both, Little Kids and Kids. (I think that is the name of them). My kids fight over them and read them from cover to cover.