Menu

Shopping for bathing suit - ARGH!

I don't like to show a lot of cleavage in a bathing suit, but I'm a busty and slightly overweight woman. Bathing suits that don't look too revealing on the hanger show too much cleavage for me! :glare:

There are so many styles that look cute and reasonably modest on the model in the catalog, but they don't cover enough for me.

Anyone else have this problem?

Wendi

These might be pricey, but I've come to the conclusion that bathing suits are expensive! I haven't bought a bathing suit in 5+ years and my last one finally died after my DH put it in the dryer. I got the cherry one piece suit from Mod Cloth and it shipped free! They have the most modest swimwear I've seen in years and I love the suit so much!

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/onepiece-swimwear

I'm right there with you. Plus sized chest + average (slightly chubby) body means I can't find anything that fits properly - at least nothing in my price range.

I gave up and bought a pair of Danskin bike shorts and I'm getting something like this yoga tank. At least I won't feel like everything is falling out. :tongue_smilie: It will cost $20 or less and should do the job admirably, so I'm content.

I am of no assistance whatsoever except to say that I consider bathing suit shopping to be single worst agony any mother ever has to go through in regards to her personal well-being and I'd rather have my head slammed repeatedly in the car door than ever have to shop for another one!!!

I wear a pair of swim trunks that were in the bathing suit separates section, a really nice quick dry sports bra from Dick's Sporting goods and a nice women's rash guard shirt over the bra. I love it. I'm not large busted but I used to get so tired of adjusting the bathing suit as it shifted and of course one pieces are heinous to get on and off anyway in the bathroom. I hate most bathing suit tops because I'm smaller busted so if I buy one that fits for my hips, it's way too large on top. UGH! Now I don't worry. I'm not a fashion plate by any stretch but I don't care. I can romp around with the boys at the lake or in a pool all I want, hit the water slide, you name it, and never have to worry about anything being out of place or being uncomfortable.

Faith

I am plus sized and try to buy a scoop neck instead of a v-neck. But then I also wear a tank topor something else over the top just to stay covered. I love to wear those rash guard type shirts with a pair of nylon shorts over my swimsuit. I just shop for those in the men's department.

These might be pricey, but I've come to the conclusion that bathing suits are expensive! I haven't bought a bathing suit in 5+ years and my last one finally died after my DH put it in the dryer. I got the cherry one piece suit from Mod Cloth and it shipped free! They have the most modest swimwear I've seen in years and I love the suit so much!

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/onepiece-swimwear

The cherry one piece is the exact suit I've been drooling over! Is it comfy? Good support?

I am of no assistance whatsoever except to say that I consider bathing suit shopping to be single worst agony any mother ever has to go through in regards to her personal well-being and I'd rather have my head slammed repeatedly in the car door than ever have to shop for another one!!!

I wear a pair of swim trunks that were in the bathing suit separates section, a really nice quick dry sports bra from Dick's Sporting goods and a nice women's rash guard shirt over the bra. I love it. I'm not large busted but I used to get so tired of adjusting the bathing suit as it shifted and of course one pieces are heinous to get on and off anyway in the bathroom. I hate most bathing suit tops because I'm smaller busted so if I buy one that fits for my hips, it's way too large on top. UGH! Now I don't worry. I'm not a fashion plate by any stretch but I don't care. I can romp around with the boys at the lake or in a pool all I want, hit the water slide, you name it, and never have to worry about anything being out of place or being uncomfortable.

Faith

I wear the same combo, only I got mine from Land's End. I love knowing that I can run and play and really swim and nothing gets exposed.

Faith

I am soooo with you girl!

A few years ago I tried going swim suit shopping. It was so awful! I am not skinny! Maybe pre-kids, but not now.

Anyways, I now have a pair of board shorts and really like them !

:D

The cherry one piece is the exact suit I've been drooling over! Is it comfy? Good support?

The support is excellent, the best I've had ever in a baithing suit... wasn't quite expecting it, but it feels like an underwire bra but very comfortable and no underwire. It holds my double D's up nice and snug in a size 8 suit and they have no chance of falling out (problem with so many baithing suits, even my bras!). Full coverage on the backside and nice tight fit on the tummy! The cut is different on the hips, but it also covers more which is what I wanted with my stretch marks.

I got this suit for this summer after watching it go in and out of stock for a few months.................... but now I'm possibly expecting a new bean by next Feb :001_wub:.................... so there's a good chance I won't be wearing it as much as I thought I would be in the next foreseeable year.

Yup...I need a bit more coverage up top and don't mind it on the bottom either. I really like http://www.limericki.com. I used to dread swim suit shopping but I now have four new suits in my closet that I want to wear to the pool. Each swimsuit page tells what cup size it is best suited for.

The bottoms are great too. The boy shorts are longer and more flattering and the skirts are really great.

And the winner is . . .

http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-tunic-one-piece-slender-suit~4235_593.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::WGP&CM_MERCH=search-_-slender+suit&origin=search

It has a lot of similarities to the retro ones on Modcloth (which I love), but also is made of "slendertex" or some such controlling fabric. And I know returns will be easy if I'm not satisfied. I'm praying it fits, and I can feel attractive on vacation.

Wendi

And the winner is . . .

http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-tunic-one-piece-slender-suit~4235_593.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::WGP&CM_MERCH=search-_-slender+suit&origin=search

It has a lot of similarities to the retro ones on Modcloth (which I love), but also is made of "slendertex" or some such controlling fabric. And I know returns will be easy if I'm not satisfied. I'm praying it fits, and I can feel attractive on vacation.

Wendi

Ooh, that is very cute! Hope you like it when it arrives!

Faith

:lol::lol: Me too!

The support is excellent, the best I've had ever in a baithing suit... wasn't quite expecting it, but it feels like an underwire bra but very comfortable and no underwire. It holds my double D's up nice and snug in a size 8 suit and they have no chance of falling out (problem with so many baithing suits, even my bras!). Full coverage on the backside and nice tight fit on the tummy! The cut is different on the hips, but it also covers more which is what I wanted with my stretch marks.

I got this suit for this summer after watching it go in and out of stock for a few months.................... but now I'm possibly expecting a new bean by next Feb :001_wub:.................... so there's a good chance I won't be wearing it as much as I thought I would be in the next foreseeable year.

congratulations!