Menu

Favorite baby bag?

Need help narrowing my search. Thanks!

Years ago, I had a bag from Land's End. It has inserts and numerous pockets. What was even better was the fact that after we did not need a baby bag anymore, ds took it as an overnight bag for years. It was very sturdy and plain color - no babyish print on it. The material was some kind of polyester (?) that could be wiped off.

ARe you a light packer? Do you need to carry things for more than the baby (like do you need dipes for a toddler)?

Do you have a vehicle with you most of the time?

I found I prefer to pack fairly light and then keep extras in the car. Extra clothes, etc. I do most diaper changes in the car because I get skeeved out in public restrooms and don't like using changing tables in bathrooms.

I liked the following bags:

Lands End Little Tripper (think I have the name right)

Lexie Barnes Darling (no longer made but may be able to find used on a bag swap). Good size for me, liked the external pockets as we carried water bottles in them; same for the Little Tripper

Haiku bag, although no padded strap area so less comfy, but similar in size to the two above. I got a great deal on one for about 30 bucks so it was an easy decision. Def. not as comfy on the shoulder as the two above, but you may able to find a little aftermarket pad for the shoulder area. Mine was a different exterior pattern but this model:

http://www.clearwateroutdoor.com/product-detail-haiku_togo_bag-4368.html?cvsfa=3711&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3237313534

Get two, a large and a small so you can figure out what works best for you. I have a gorgeously large Ju Ju Be Spicy with a spot for everything and clips to attach it to the stroller and a soft changing pad......

But that sits in my closet. :D

My go-to bag is a tiny hand-me-down Eddie Bauer with room for a few dipes, wipes, wetbag, and wallet. I use a waterproof crib pad (the 2ftx1ft kind) for a changing pad because it folds small and I can throw it right in the wash. The bag is the perfect size for everyday use since we're not usually out more than a few hours, and if we're doing anything longer I use a backpack.

Figure out what works for you. If you're a small purse kinda gal, you're probably going to be minimal in the baby department, too. If you like to have everything handy, go for a big one.

I bought a large purse that had lots of internal pockets and that fit over my shoulder. The top zipped closed. It was a solid black color, leather. I loved that it did not look like a baby diaper bag. I loved that it didn't have this long, flip over top. As I needed to carry fewer things, I just moved to smaller purses until we no longer needed a baby bag. My husband liked that they weren't all cutsy when he had to carry it.

I used the old-style Lands' End Little Tripper until it died on me. It was a great bag, though not big enough to accommodate four children's needs. I also had the Do-It-All from LE and liked it for longer day trips.

I find myself toting a lot of water bottles and books/magazines/taller items, so I wanted something that could hold those. When I was pregnant with #3, I bought a nice basic SkipHop bag from Target, in black, and I love it. Lots of pockets, including four outside ones, two of which will hold two water bottles each. Lots of room in the interior, and it has one basic velcro closure, but that is rarely closed, and it works fine either way. I can throw in clothes for both little boys, my camera, wallet/phone/keys, a couple of cloth diapers, a blanket, a small knitting project, a few toys, and a cloth diaper cover, and it holds it all.

Thanks! This is for no. 4, so I'll still be carrying a lot. I am usually a "just in case" carrier, but have gotten better over the years. :). I like the Vera Bradley line and they look like they can be continually used after baby. I like the bags you all have recommended, too.

I wanted a JJB but couldn't afford it. Found this one and I love it. I got it at BRU for under $30. We cloth diaper and I have room for a couple diapers, wipes, change of clothes, and more. Love all the little pockets. And the side pockets hold my canteen.

http://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Prime-Diaper-Bag/dp/B004UC8SHG/ref=sr_1_16?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1340048580&sr=1-16&keywords=posy

(I don't know how to type a link as "this one" and it links to the other site :blush:)

(I don't know how to type a link as "this one" and it links to the other site :blush:)

Just highlight the words you want to show as the link, then click on the Icon that looks like a globe with a chain link in front. Enter the web address in the pop-up window and you're good to go. :)

I never carried a diaper bag. I just carried a slightly larger purse and shoved in a cup, a few diapers and wipes.

It wasn't until #7 came with medical issues that for a while required extra items, that I purchased an actual diaper bag.

I found a Kalencom (http://www.diaperbags.com/designer-brands/kalencom-diaper-bags/5354+6776+4293730114.cfm?source=googleaw&kwid=kalencom%20diaper%20bags&tid=exact&gclid=CKu44qXT2LACFWkCQAodYzDL1Q) to fit my needs. Not especially large, but can carry a changing pad, wipes, a few diapers, a cup, mom stuff. And it's cute. In a mom kind of way, not baby. ;)

Ll Bean carry all got it off ebay for less but I love it. Place for water bottle for me or toys. Place for keys so I no longer dig through bag. Zippered pouch on top for phone. Plenty of room for wallet and diapers (I use cloth.) When I used sposies I can pack a ton in there but even with cloth I am good most days.

This is the one I have. Mine is black with lime green inside. It looks like they don't carry the same colors now. It has seen me through two boys in diapers and will soon be used for a third. I've had it for almost 6 years and it still looks new, even though my two year old likes to fill it with toys and drag it through the house most days.