Menu

SOTW audio books to download?

I would really like to have the Jim Weiss SOTW CDs to listen to in the car, but they are way out of our price range, even as downloads. I just wondered if there was a place where I could download them in mp3 format, somewhere where we could rent them for a short time that wasn't quite as expensive as buying them, or somewhere similar to audible.com that might have them.

I would really like to have the Jim Weiss SOTW CDs to listen to in the car, but they are way out of our price range, even as downloads. I just wondered if there was a place where I could download them in mp3 format, somewhere where we could rent them for a short time that wasn't quite as expensive as buying them, or somewhere similar to audible.com that might have them.

Have you checked your library? Our library has all volumes of the audios. If not, perhaps interlibrary loan.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but Librivox has Nesbit's Beautiful Stories From Shakespeare, The Children's Homer, versions of Beowolf for children, and other things you might find helpful. It is free, and you could use them to reinforce some of SOTW.

Edited by Momof3littles

I never can remember which edition is Jim Wiess, but you can still order the 1st edition copy of Middle Ages from Peace Hill Press for cheap-

Story of the World, Volume 2: The Middle Ages original edition AUDIOBOOK (Quantity available: 24) [price 19.95] *

• 2 weeks later...

My local library system was able to get volume 4's CDs from another library across the state! That library has the only 2 copies of 3 and the only 2 copies of 4 in the entire state, and 1 of the copies of volume 3 is checked out right now, so they declined to let me borrow volume 3. My library system says to request it again in a few weeks. At any rate, it only took about 10 days to get volume 4 in, and we're excited to listen to it!

Awesome !!! thanks so much. I just requested them brought over from another library to mine. Great idea :001_smile:

Have you checked your library? Our library has all volumes of the audios. If not, perhaps interlibrary loan.