Menu

artisan bread in 5 minutes cooked in the crockpot

Really.... oh that makes me happy, too. I bought their healthy book, and while I didn't have the best results my first time, I haven't thrown the towel in. I will definitely be trying it in the crockpot.

hmm...I will have to try this. I wonder if it would work with store bought frozen bread dough - I have a TON in my freezer I got cheap after coupons but it's been way too hot here to bake it

the recipe to make the dough is actually really easy and easy to make. Its Yeast, Flour, Salt and Water. Thats it. Mix and re-fridgerate (sp?) for up to 7-14d and then use as needed. It wouldnt really be Artisan Bread if you used frozen bread dough.

What is the recipe for this? I'd love to try it. We love fresh bread around here.

http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/2010/02/09/back-to-basics-tips-and-techniques-to-create-a-great-loaf-in-5-minutes-a-day

and it really is SO simple to make. When I first made it though, i thought " this dough is too goopey" and i emailed the authors and asked- they explained, the wetter the better (just like it says in the book!) and it turns out GREAT each time!

I LOVE my Hillybillyhousewife recipe, but this ABI5 is great when you want a quick loaf! It does make smaller loaves, but its ok with us, we just make more!

I am soooooo excited!

We just bought this book yesterday...& some tools to make this recipe.

I can not believe you can make this in the crockpot!!

I think this would be a wonderful idea to use for a warm, tasty breakfast!;)