Menu

Can I put a whole chicken in the crock pot?

Thanks, everyone!

Since I had some broth, I put in a small amount. Then I put chopped onions, celery, and carrots on the bottom. Lastly, the chicken rubbed and topped with Italian dressing. I'm hoping for the best! :)

P.S. The gut bag was missing. I searched high and low for it.:confused:

Thanks, everyone!

Since I had some broth, I put in a small amount. Then I put chopped onions, celery, and carrots on the bottom. Lastly, the chicken rubbed and topped with Italian dressing. I'm hoping for the best! :)

P.S. The gut bag was missing. I searched high and low for it.:confused:

'Round here, you don't get a guts bag with a whole chicken; just with a whole turkey.

I think. I hope. Man, I hope I haven't been missing all the guts bags.

:D

My mil says the skin will get crispy just like in the oven if you do no liquid. I have not tried it but I want to.

Your mil lies. :D

I never add liquid, and my chicken skin always comes out grody. Which doesn't matter, since we don't eat it anyway. But I can't imagine how one would get it crispy in a crockpot.

Your mil lies. :D

I never add liquid, and my chicken skin always comes out grody. Which doesn't matter, since we don't eat it anyway. But I can't imagine how one would get it crispy in a crockpot.

:iagree: I've tried it by keeping the skin on, it does not get crispy at all. I never add liquid to a whole chicken.

Yep, I do it all the time! One of the easiest ways to make dinner. Just throw the chicken in, season it, and let it cook on low all day long.

Or, you can chop up an onion, some potatoes, & carrots and put them in the bottom of the crock pot. Put chicken on top, season, add a little water or broth (to cover vegies) and cook on low all day. Hope you enjoy!