Menu

Facebook, yuck, why did I do that?

They are doing their thing; you were not on FB , and so they continue on, mostly likely without you in mind in a negative way, at all!!

If you wanted to be a part of this group (which you clearly do not) you would be sharing memories with various folks. You can do this via PMs or through the walls. People will reply or not. You might feel excited recallig past adventures, and others may be excited to chat about them!

The bare-bones is that you are not *there* participating (it's a waste of time, they are stupid, they were never your friends etc). Paddle in if you wish. Or not. It's not 1989 anymore. Just share a good memory (if you have one).

People grow and mature. Let the past be done. If it turns out this group still thinks they are 15, and folks are immature or snide, you simply slip away.

Don't give a communication tool power it can't have unless you let it. FB has issuess, of course, but it's also a very simple way to connect and chat with many loved ones at one time.

It's not for everybody. Don't join FB if you feel uncomfortable!

Edited by LibraryLover

Just curiosity. We all do things we wish , in hindsight, we hadn't done. Try to forget it. Try to focus on all the good that you have in life. Most of the time, things are not always what they seem on fb or any other site that shows pictures etc... Try to shake off that "yuck" feeling. Get yourself some chocolate. ;)

I seriouosly don't get it. They are doing their thing; you were not on FB , and so they continue on, mostly likely wihtou you in mind at all.

If you wanted to be a part of this group (which you clearly do not) you start by sharing good memories with various folks. You can do this via PMs or through the walls. People will reply or not. YOo might feel excited recallig past adventures, and others may be excited to cha about them! (Your are not there* participating, so there is no way for them to 'diss' you. Paddle in if you wish. It's not 1989 anymore. )

People grow and mature Let the past be done. If it turn out this group still thinks they are 15, and one person is snide, then you sinip the cords.

Don't give a communication more power than you need it to give you!

:iagree: It is a communication tool, nothing more, nothing less. You are the one who determines how to use it. I am on fb only because I had to sign up to see a friend's pictures. My acquaintances and associates seem to use it now instead of e-vite.

Thanks. Stupid me for clicking around. I got that.

I should've been more clear to say that I felt left out of life in general, not left out of their lives. For the past few years my days seem like one endless routine of nothing but changing diapers, cooking, cleaning, sleeping. Seriously. Left out of life. I normally don't mind so much.

:grouphug: It does get better as they get older and you can do more outside the house. :grouphug:

:iagree: It is a communication tool, nothing more, nothing less. You are the one who determines how to use it. I am on fb only because I had to sign up to see a friend's pictures. My acquaintances and associates seem to use it now instead of e-vite.

lol I did clean up my typos next ' round. :)

Thanks. Stupid me. I got that. Going to bed now.

Not that I would expect you have the energy, and it's not important, but maybe post some adorable pictures of your kids and their cute little bottoms in diapers. Those are my most favorite status updates of all! I live for baby pix. :)

Shake it off. Who gives a rat's butt what people who are not important to you are doing? I hear people fuss about this all the time and I don't get it.

We are odten polar opposites, but I agree 100% . I do no understand the adult FB angst! (Teens are a diferent matter altogether.) Use your privacy settings. Block folks. It's easy and very quiet. Nobody ever notices, ime.

Edited by LibraryLover

It sounds like you're lonely and don't know how you fit in with those people anymore. I used to feel bad because all my friends on fb sounded so successful, with advanced degrees and fancy jobs, houses, vacations. Then I took a step back and realized that I was being really ungracious to myself. Sure, my accomplishments and exploits may not be as showy, but they are still worthy. I also remembered that fb is only a small glimpse into domeone's life, and what they want you to see to boot. For example, they show you the great vacation pics but not the great credit card debt that went with it.

I enjoy fb because it keeps me in touch with relatives I wouldn't otherwise have a relationship with. I also enjoy catching up with old friends. I use the hide feature freely and take what I want from the experience. It's not for everyone, but for me, it's a useful tool and helps me feel less isolated in my day to day life.

It sounds like you're lonely and don't know how you fit in with those people anymore. I used to feel bad because all my friends on fb sounded so successful, with advanced degrees and fancy jobs, houses, vacations. Then I took a step back and realized that I was being really ungracious to myself. Sure, my accomplishments and exploits may not be as showy, but they are still worthy. I also remembered that fb is only a small glimpse into domeone's life, and what they want you to see to boot. For example, they show you the great vacation pics but not the great credit card debt that went with it.

I enjoy fb because it keeps me in touch with relatives I wouldn't otherwise have a relationship with. I also enjoy catching up with old friends. I use the hide feature freely and take what I want from the experience. It's not for everyone, but for me, it's a useful tool and helps me feel less isolated in my day to day life.

This is a great post. :)

:iagree: I read somewhere that with FB you need to remember not to compare your whole life to the highlight reel of someone else's. It helps me to think of that when I get the urge to compare with others and get down on myself for not measuring up.