Menu

Looking for an active lively site for frugal living

I used to occasionally drop by Hillbilly Housewife. I wasn't a constant reader but when I was thinking about starting a new project or trimming my budget I would drop by and get ideas.

The HH site doesn't seem to load anything now, I just get cascading windows with ads.

What are your favorite sites for picking up a new project or skill.

Things I am currently considering:

making healthy convenience foods for my dd and dh with them to work - needs to be tasty and shelf stable

expanding my herb collection (currently I have 6 types of basil and 2 types of mint in my garden)

making homemade spice mixes

Also non-food projects lowering energy costs, home repairs and decorating

Any good places you get ideas?

"Homestead survival" is a good one. Sorry, can't link here, I'm on a mobile device, but I have them on my FB page and they have lots of good things posted.

Frugalissa.com is a local girl, so a lot of her tips are for this area, but she has other things there, too.

Have you see the "100 days of real food"? Again, I don't have the link, but I'm sure it'll come up in a google search. I also follow her on FB. She has lots of great food ideas.

making healthy convenience foods for my dd and dh with them to work - needs to be tasty and shelf stable

expanding my herb collection (currently I have 6 types of basil and 2 types of mint in my garden)

making homemade spice mixes

If you don't mind something as oldfashioned as USENET, the group

rec.food.preserving

has been going strong for a couple decades. Very, VERY nice people.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will start looking through them.

I gave Hillbilly Housewife another try, the front page loaded but when I clicked on any article titles it went into cascading ads again.

It's not as good as it used to be anyway.

http://Www.stretcher.com is another great site with a lively commuity.