Menu

Poll from my kids: How do you eat corn on the cob?

How do you eat the corn off a cob?  

1. 1. How do you eat the corn off a cob?

• Typewriter style
    • Rotisserie style
    • I cut the corn off the cob
    • Other - please specify

One DD eats it like a typewriter (biting all the way across the cob and then rotating slightly) while the other DD eats it rotisserie style (biting and turning in a ring and then working down the length of the cob). They wanted a poll posted to see how common their "style" is. :D

Poll coming...

I cut the corn off the cob.

I don't find it enjoyable to get bits of corn lodged in my teeth while I eat, so cutting it off the cob fixes that. :D

Zee likes it cut off like me. Moose eats it on the cob, but I think he bites it kind of randomly. :)

Wow. I'm the only "other"?

I just sort of bite into it. By that, I mean, I don't eat typewriter style or go all the way around. I do, however, make my bites next to each other, so there aren't patches of kernels left behind (my OCD self wouldn't be able to stand that). I take a bite, another bite above, and then another bite next to that, then again below, creating a sort of 'square', then continue that 'pattern'.

Dd, however, doesn't care for corn (on the cob or other), so she takes what we call 'mouse bites'. As in it looks like a mouse has nibbled all around the cob! :lol:

I don't know how everyone else eats theirs, as I haven't paid attention. I will in the future, though, as now you have made me curious!! :lol::lol:

Wow. I'm the only "other"?

I just sort of bite into it. By that, I mean, I don't eat typewriter style or go all the way around. I do, however, make my bites next to each other, so there aren't patches of kernels left behind (my OCD self wouldn't be able to stand that). I take a bite, another bite above, and then another bite next to that, then again below, creating a sort of 'square', then continue that 'pattern'.

Dd, however, doesn't care for corn (on the cob or other), so she takes what we call 'mouse bites'. As in it looks like a mouse has nibbled all around the cob! :lol:

I don't know how everyone else eats theirs, as I haven't paid attention. I will in the future, though, as now you have made me curious!! :lol::lol:

This is what I do too. :001_smile:

Typewriter style always reminds me of those old Looney Tune cartoons back in the day.

I prefer to cut the corn off the cob, but if I must eat it on the cob, I alternate, 1 row across, then around once, 1 row across, then around again...It's because one of my parents did it one way, the other the other way and I didn't want to "affiliate" with either, less I hurt one or the other's feelings. :D