Menu

Where can I find a long robe that is lightweight for summer?

I've given up on trying to buy pj's or gowns that are cute, but modest to wear around the house. I wear knit shirts and shorts to sleep in, but I get hot in that as the weather warms up. I also like to wear the short, knit, spaghetti strap comfy gowns, but, I can't walk around the house in them with dc, 11 and 9. Yes, I do get dressed everyday, :001_smile:, but not right away while I wake up and have coffee. Also, I am having a new baby this summer and those gowns will be easy for nursing. So, my solution is to find a long robe, but one that is made of lightweight material (cotton, knit). I've googled and searched online, but not found one that fits what I'm looking for. I didn't think it would be hard to find one, but it seems to be for me. :confused:

Guest inoubliable

I wish I knew! If you find one, please post? I've been looking for a while. I'm sort of in the same boat. I usually wear some pj pants/shorts and a tee, but with the weather getting warmer, I've actually bought two little nightgowns. I do get dressed everyday, just not until I've had breakfast and coffee and have had some time to read the news. DS11, DS7, and DS4 have been making comments about my "grandma nighties". :glare: So now I'm also hunting for a longer, lightweight robe to throw on in the mornings. If I come across something, I'll let you know. Have you checked Overstock? A friend of mine swore she saw some there, but I didn't when I looked. Maybe with a place like that you have to check back often?

I think Overstock came up in my search, but there were SO many to look at, the few I saw were not the color I wanted and maybe also a strange mid length instead of long? I can't remember. I've looked at so many! I thought for sure JCP, Kohl's, Target or something simple like that would have it and I'd be done. Nope. Yes, I think checking back often is a good idea.

Guest inoubliable

Oooh. I'm really liking that first one linked. I'll definitely have to look around on that second link. I didn't even think of Nordstrom.

I just saw a bunch of really cute summer robes at TJMaxx the other day. If you have one local it would be worth a try checking there. I know each store has varying inventory, but the one I was at had a whole bunch of high end ones priced $14.99-16.99.

http://www.wintersilks.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=3~28~&ProductDisplayID=2973

This one is nice. I would like a more basic color, but hey, I might just have to take what I can get at this point. $58 is better.

Well, I ended up buying this one tonight. I loved the one from Nordstrom's, but the price was too high for me. I googled the material type, though, and found the Wintersilks site. I hope it's not going to be too heavy and hot. Guess I'll find out. It was on sale and I also found a coupon code on Retail Me Not for 20% which took care of my shipping and there was no sales tax, so I paid the actual price of $59 only. DH was happy. :)