Menu

I just chopped my hair off

About 10-12 inches. My hair is very thick and very curly and was so long *sigh* I was getting ready to take a shower and just thought to myself, "I don't want to have to take time to deal with all the tangles. I'm too busy this week. The less hair I have, the less time it will take to deal with." So I got the cheap, crappy scissors out of the hair cutting kit and reached around and snip snip snip.

It's shorter than I'd wanted and it's crooked, but it only ever goes up in a pony tail anyway. This doesn't seem normal to me; it seems like something a 3 year old would do :tongue_smilie: I'm sure DH will be upset. Not in a "You're not allowed to do what you like with your own hair," but in a "You could have just waited a few hours for me to help you," kind of way. I'm pretty sure it's not the brightest idea I've ever had.

I did this same thing about a month ago. I feel ya. :)

Crooked and in a ponytail also here. Probably will be for the next year as well. :)

Excellent! We're saving on shampoo and conditioner too. That was a nice benefit.

I've done that more than once. Now when I call my friend who cuts my hair to set up an appointment she always asks me if I'm at the point of cutting it myself yet. That lets her know how soon she needs to get me in! She'd rather not have to fix my mistakes for some reason. :lol:

Cindy

How funny!! I also have curly hair and I was tired of how long it took to dry and how hot it was and how much a clip pulled on my scalp and hurt.

I, however went to great clips.

I told them I wanted it just below my ears.

I told them to make the back the same length as the front.

I told them that they needed to cut the hair dry, not to pull the curls etc..

They did not.

I did.

I am actually quite happy with my home cut. A nice little bob just below my ears.

:D

Btdt, I think we've all had our moments.

When I had very long hair, it landed in a hot pizza and there was m-cheese stuck in it. I grabbed the kitchen scissors and just chopped it off. :001_huh:

It req. a trip to the salon and me humbly admitting what I'd done. I wanted to blame my two-year old, but we just laughed about it.

Take heart, it will grow back and you can even it out for now with a little work.:grouphug:

I trimmed mine here while back and cut about 6 inches more than I intended. It is still a bit crooked but I finally stopped before I messed it up more. Alas, though, it was probably good for my humility and a reminder not to be vain about my hair, but boy did I love it longer.

I've done that more than once. Now when I call my friend who cuts my hair to set up an appointment she always asks me if I'm at the point of cutting it myself yet. That lets her know how soon she needs to get me in! She'd rather not have to fix my mistakes for some reason. :lol:

Cindy

Ha! that's a really good friend you have there. I've been putting it off because an acquaintance gave me the info for a lady who cuts hair for only $15 and who does a phenomenal job. So I kept saying, "I'll call her soon and make an appointment." But this week is going to be crazy busy, I won't have time to go get it cut, so I'm hoping she'll be able to fix the mess I've made :lol:

Can you donate that 10-12 inches to Locks of Love? I'm sure that would bless somebody.

Well.....I was only supposed to chop off like 5 inches, so I didn't put it in a ponytail or braid. It ended up being a lot more than I thought. All the curls hid the length. I know it's awful of me, but to even donate, I would have had to take a shower so I could get all the snarls out (combing curly hair when dry only makes more snarls), spent a long time combing it after, then had to put it in a braid myself and then cut it. At the time, it just seemed so much easier to say, "I don't want to have to deal with all these snarls, away you go!" I have donated like 5 times before, I'll just have to give myself a pass this time around.

I'm glad to know there are lots of other people around cutting their own hair. Maybe I am normal after all. Or we're all weird :tongue_smilie: