Menu

I'm steaming right now!!

Janis in DE

I'm sitting here watching Fox New station with Laura Ingraham and she had some PHD on there talking about how parents shouldn't be able to homeschool their kids. He was outrageous!! Saying that parents can not be qualified to teach all subjects to their Jr. and Sr. High students. Of course there is no mention of having them take college courses for some of these or that parents that are qualified often offer co-op classes, or that there are DVD courses available. He was very condescending.

He was so condescending and arrogant. He said if parents are smart enough to teach their children, they're smart enough to work and put them into private school. Huh? :confused: In my state, private school teachers don't have to be certified!

And his insisting that children have a right to choose. Please!

and.... and.... Well, I just cann't say what I felt like doing to that condescending, arrogant, pompous, ...... Oh! he made my blood boil!:glare: Homeschooling is the same as child abuse indeed! Huh!

I just wish Laura had a pro Homeschool guest on as well. Someone to counter his arguments about parents teaching Jr. High and beyond. She stood up to him well I thought.

Gretchen

I'm sitting here watching Fox New station with Laura Ingraham and she had some PHD on there talking about how parents shouldn't be able to homeschool their kids. He was outrageous!! Saying that parents can not be qualified to teach all subjects to their Jr. and Sr. High students. Of course there is no mention of having them take college courses for some of these or that parents that are qualified often offer co-op classes, or that there are DVD courses available. He was very condescending.

That's outrageous! But that gives me hope for our children. If a narrow minded uninformed PHD can become an "expert" and appear on the national news, our children can rule the world. (add menacing laugh):tongue_smilie:

I found the information on her guest but I cant find the show? Here is the info: Here is a link to this below

William L. Bainbridge, Ph.D., FACFE

1213 Garrison Drive

St. Augustine, Florida 32092

TEL: 904-230-3001 FAX: 904-287-1171

e-mail: Dr. Bainbridge

EXPERIENCE:

Education expert, qualified by courts in 34 states.

President & CEO, SchoolMatch® Institute, University of Dayton and SchoolMatch® by PUBLIC PRIORITY SYSTEMS, INC. August, 1983-present.

Distinguished Research Professor - The University of Dayton, 2001 - present.

Editorial Page Columnist, THE FLORIDA TIMES-UNION.

Consultant on educational data and school choice to over 400 major corporations, foundations and several hundred school systems.

PREVIOUS POSITIONS:

Superintendent, HAMPTON, VIRGINIA, CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT

(21,600 students - 33 schools - $51 million annual budget). July, 1982 - August, 1983.

Superintendent, NEWARK, OHIO CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT

(7,900 students - 18 schools - $18 million annual budget). August, 1979 - June, 1982.

Superintendent, GRANDVIEW HEIGHTS, OHIO, CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT

(1,975 students - 4 schools). August, 1977 - July, 1979.

Assistant Superintendent, ROCKY RIVER, OHIO, CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT July, 1975 - July, 1977.

Research Associate, THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, Department of Educational Policy and Leadership. October, 1974 - July, 1975.

Administrative Assistant to State Superintendent of Public Instruction, STATE OF OHIO January, 1972 - October, 1974.

Teacher/Coach, CANTON, OHIO, GLENWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - Stark County, Ohio September, 1967 - January, 1972.

EDUCATION:

THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, Columbus, Ohio - Ph.D., 1979.

Educational Leadership and Business Administration.

THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON, Akron, Ohio - M.S.Ed., 1971.

Educational Leadership and Personnel Management.

OHIO UNIVERSITY, Athens, Ohio - B.S., 1967.

Political Science, English.

CONTINUING EDUCATION:

THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, Columbus, Ohio – 2000

Executive Education – Fisher Graduate School

DISNEY INSTITUTE FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS, 2000

COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, New York, New York - Post-Doctoral Studies – Educational Leadership, 1981-1982.

NATIONAL ACADEMY FOR SCHOOL EXECUTIVES, Arlington, Virginia -

Diplomate of the Academy, 1989; A.P.D.A., 1980 - management studies in fourteen specific areas.

Honors, Professional Associations and other Activities include:

I really don't think the bozos out there realize that our junior and senior high kids are taking college classes, outside classes, etc. It seems they actually think that our children stay IN the house ALL the time....

That is because it was not covered in his "DISNEY INSTITUTE FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS" course. :001_huh:

Gretchen

I wish I could find something on this on FoxNews but I haven't been able to yet... please post if you have been able to find it.

Anyway, I did find these listed under his publications:

• "Home Schooling Is Increasing; Regulation, Oversight Deserved,"
    EducationNews.org, Houston, Texas, February 18, 2006

• "Home Schooling Is Increasing; Regulation, Oversight Deserved," The Florida
    Times-Union-Featured Column, Jacksonville, Florida, February 16, 2006

• "Home-schooling Data Need Close Look," The Columbus Dispatch-Forum Column,
    Columbus, Ohio, February 11, 2006

.....his publications:

• "Home Schooling Is Increasing; Regulation, Oversight Deserved,"

EducationNews.org, Houston, Texas, February 18, 2006

• "Home Schooling Is Increasing; Regulation, Oversight Deserved," The Florida

Times-Union-Featured Column, Jacksonville, Florida, February 16, 2006

• "Home-schooling Data Need Close Look," The Columbus Dispatch-Forum Column,

Columbus, Ohio, February 11, 2006

With all of the problems in the public schools, Bainbridge considers his time is best spent criticizing homeschooling. Did he have any articles on public schools?

Gretchen

Sorry I should have included the link!

Here http://www.schoolmatch.com/staff/bainbridge.htm

that's where I got the info.

Yes he has lots of info on public schools. His main point seems to be on accountability.

There are lots of comments on that site about him; here is one:

ABOUT Dr. William L. Bainbridge:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dr. Bill Bainbridge combines his knowledge of K-12 education, business, politics, and parenting to provide a very insightful perspective on public education and accountability. One of his best attributes is the ability to take a common sense approach when he discusses solutions to complex problems in the field of public education. Bill knows how to communicate effectively with educators, parents, and policymakers on difficult issues related to school reform."

Dr. Roderick J. McDavis

Past Chair American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education

President Ohio University

That is because it was not covered in his "DISNEY INSTITUTE FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS" course. :001_huh:

Gretchen

I saw that too. Something about Disney & professional brings the word oxyMORON to mind:biggrinjester:

I'm betting she was filling in for Bill O'Reilly. If she was on Fox betwene 8 & 9 pm. If so, you can email him at... oreilly@foxnews.com

Remember, Fox News' logo is Fair and Balanced. Make sure your throw that phrase back at 'em!

Laura has her own show at 5:00 eastern time. It is called, "Just In."

I have to give her credit for she did defend homeschooling. She needed an expert or better research on homeschoolinh thru high school to counter his argument.

Gretchen