Menu

Give me permission-sickness related

I am ten and a half weeks pregnant. I have hyperemesis, again. Ugh.

Tell me it's ok for school if my oldest just does copy work and math. And then if I lay on the couch and read to them. I'm reading sonlight books and science books, but we aren't doing experiments.

Am I totally failing them? Is this enough?

I am ten and a half weeks pregnant. I have hyperemesis, again. Ugh.

Tell me it's ok for school if my oldest just does copy work and math. And then if I lay on the couch and read to them. I'm reading sonlight books and science books, but we aren't doing experiments.

Am I totally failing them? Is this enough?

I got pregnant at the beginning of our school year. We did NOTHING my first trimester. I had horrible morning sickness that, of course, lasted all day. The second trimester was a little better school wise but was interrupted by my husband going on a short deployment over Christmas. I thought after the holidays that we'd find our groove and get some work done before the baby showed up. The middle of January I got hit hard with sinus infections, bronchitis and a few weeks later the stomach flu. My kids were sick off and on with colds then they got hit with pneumonia and ear infections. Now we are all past our illness but I've been dealing with stop/start labor and feeling exhausted.

Anyways, if it makes you feel any better you are doing way more than I am with my kids right now. LOL I finally got my husband to do some science with them, I've been doing phonics and math with the K-er, and I plopped my 8 year old down in front of the computer to play math games. I'm hoping we'll get caught up over the summer.:tongue_smilie:

If your 8 year old is doing Sonlight Core D+E and your 4 year old is doing Core A, you are WAY ahead. You could skip reading any history/literature until the baby is 6 months old and still be fine!

I would try to have your 8 year old do a little bit of desk work each day. Then only do what you feel up to.

I had hyperemesis with my second pregnancy, but my first child wasn't nearly old enough to be homeschooling. I hope you feel better sooner rather than later!

If your 8 year old is doing Sonlight Core D+E and your 4 year old is doing Core A, you are WAY ahead. You could skip reading any history/literature until the baby is 6 months old and still be fine!

I would try to have your 8 year old do a little bit of desk work each day. Then only do what you feel up to.

I had hyperemesis with my second pregnancy, but my first child wasn't nearly old enough to be homeschooling. I hope you feel better sooner rather than later!

My four year old turns five in May, so she's almost there. :001_smile:

Is copy work and a math lesson enough desk work? It's Latin copy work, does that make it double count?:lol:

I hope I feel better soon, too. This is miserable.

Our library has the Johnny Tremain DVD which our kids watched and we compared and contrasted the book with the movie. Also, if you are really not feeling well read aloud's are read aloud's what about picking up the book on CD so that all of you can listen to them.

The library idea would be great... Except I have books two weeks overdue. I can't make it to the library and the fines on audiobooks are STEEP!:001_huh:

It's almost summer. No worries. :) Usually the first few months of the next year is review from the past year.

I hope you feel better! Have you asked your doctor for some nausea pills? They have 2 kinds that are safe for the baby. I was really sick with my last ds, and he gave me something, and it really helped!!

:grouphug:

The children's' education will be fine. :) But it is time to ask for help. Can't someone do a library run for you?

Asking for help is my Achilles heel. I had two friends call this morning and tell me that I could either tell them what I need help with soon or they will start showing up unannounced. :blushing:

It's almost summer. No worries. :) Usually the first few months of the next year is review from the past year.

I hope you feel better! Have you asked your doctor for some nausea pills? They have 2 kinds that are safe for the baby. I was really sick with my last ds, and he gave me something, and it really helped!!

Yes, I am this sick despite medication. And iv fluids. :ack2:

UGH Poor thing! Yes it's plenty enough. Hyperemesis is horrible especially those of us who keep it all. nine. months. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Their school will survive and they will catch up on any "missed" skills. My oldest is in highschool now and you would never know he endured interrupted and/or "light" school years 3x due to hyperemesis. it will work out.

UGH Poor thing! Yes it's plenty enough. Hyperemesis is horrible especially those of us who keep it all. nine. months. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Their school will survive and they will catch up on any "missed" skills. My oldest is in highschool now and you would never know he endured interrupted and/or "light" school years 3x due to hyperemesis. it will work out.

Thanks. Now I just need to let go...