Menu

Ideas as to what "cask" could mean...

In the texting world. The context of the text is someone can't read all of their texts cause they dropped their phone and it's probably best to cask and that they will get a new phone Monday. This is in terms of communication between the two parties...they should "cask" since the texts aren't working properly.

I thought they meant "call" but I can't figure out how you could misspell call into cask.

Edited by MissKNG

In the texting world. The context of the text is someone can't read all of their texts cause they dropped their phone and it's probably best to cask and that they will get a new phone Monday.

I thought they meant "call" but I can't figure out how you could misspell call into cask.

I wonder if it was typed as "CAKK" or "CASK" or "CASL" (with the A and S being close as well as the K and L), and autocorrect turned it into CASK.

If the phone is bad and they are going to CASK it and get a new one, could it mean they are going to CASKET it and bury it?

Hmm...I think the context was that the communication between the two parties should "cask" since the texts aren't coming through properly.

Hmm...I think the context was that the communication between the two parties should "cask" since the texts aren't coming through properly.

You're right. I totally read your original post wrong. Well, I read it while 2 girls with sugar highs were dancing in circles around me.

In the texting world. The context of the text is someone can't read all of their texts cause they dropped their phone and it's probably best to cask and that they will get a new phone Monday. This is in terms of communication between the two parties...they should "cask" since the texts aren't working properly.

Maybe since they can't read all their texts they might have meant it's just best to "ask" - referring to what it was the other person said that they can't read. The C could have been hit by accident. Sounds like a typo I would make.

My guess is they meant "call" and they are using a touch screen with a keyboard you can swipe your finger over. If you run your finger over the letters for "call" you can see how such a phone might easily mistake the swipe for "cask". On my phone, when I try to write "you" it often thinks I'm trying to say "tippy" for some reason. :confused: