Menu

Ok, NOW, at almost 8pm my husband tells me

that he wants ham for Easter. :glare:

He KNOWS I hate ham which is why I never think to buy it or make it. If he wants it, he knows he has to ask and remind me to put it on a list because I won't do it on my own.

Normally we don't even get it and if I ask he says, "Eh, its ok, just get something else."

ARGH!

Maybe we will just go out to eat tomorrow. :tongue_smilie:

Dawn

Shoot, I'd offer to get some deli ham meat for late afternoon sandwiches. :D

:iagree:except that I'd offer to let HIM go get deli ham. "Oh, ham for Easter? That's a GREAT idea! Run pick up some Hillside Farms ham at the store, and don't forget an extra loaf of bread. Boy, honey, you are ALWAYS thinking!"

We aren't doing ham this year, either. DH won't be here, so no one is going to complain. He equates certain foods with certain holidays. The year my mother and I did vegetarian lasagna and salads for Christmas nearly killed him. I'm sure he is probably eating a small ham tomorrow, all by himself :tongue_smilie:

Just send him out for a spiral sliced ham and get one of those oven bags. No problem at all to pop it in the oven. Doesn't take more than a few minutes to get it ready. Unless you're already doing something so huge that it won't fit in the oven, that's what I'd do. If you are doing something too big, get the spiral sliced ham anyway and just heat up enough for him and heat the rest on Monday. Spiral sliced ham is on sale at practically every grocery store right now for under $2 per pound.

I know. I am just odd that way.

I never buy pork chops or cook BBQ sandwiches or anything. I just don't like it.

When we first moved to the South and were invited to a BBQ I *thought* I was being invited to a meal with chicken and maybe some steak.....that is what we call "going to a BBQ" back where I came from! NOPE! It was some pig, buried overnight in a pit with fire and then shredded and we were to put sauce on top. I was so confused! :lol:

It just isn't my thing. I WILL eat it if I am being served it at someone else's home but I don't choose to make or eat it if I have a choice.

Dawn

Frankly, I'm still stuck on "I don't like ham."

Don't. Like. Ham???

:svengo: