Menu

It's our 3rd day over 108 F, and I'm getting cranky...

Thank God for AC is right!!!

I remember when we visited my ILs in AZ one July. It was 115. MIL kept saying, "But it's a DRY heat!" Umm . . . 115 is 115 - HOT!!! I remember by 9 pm when it was only 98 it felt great!!!

Stay cool!

Yes, our heat is generally a dry heat, but it's still incredibly hot! Plus, we often have a hot, dry wind blowing, making it much more miserable.

Sigh. My poor petunias. They were so pretty last week!

Michelle T

You have my sympathy.:grouphug: Here, we have humid heat and today I'm thankful it isn't hot. It's real warm and sweaty out there, but not humid hot. I melt in the heat here. Stay cool and indoors. Strange how we wait for summer and then need to stay inside to avoid it.:svengo:

I'm with you... I went to check the mail, and all of my poor pretty plants are wilted messes.

But we perk right up with a dip in the not-so-cool pool, after 5 p.m.

I'm in Santa Clarita, which is north of Los Angeles. We're the home of Six Flags Magic Mountain, if you know where that is. Santa Clarita is a great place to live and to homeschool, but man, it is so fr#gg#n hot here from June until November.

Michelle T

You know it's bad when it's too hot to go swimming :001_huh:

Today we went grocery shopping at an Asian-oriented "99 Ranch Market" here in SoCal and when I discovered the freezer section was lined on both sides of the aisle with "open-style" freezer cases...well suffice it to say we spent an inordinate amount of time checking out the exotic offerings.

"Look honey, Vietnamese Pork Rolls wrapped in banana leaf" Mmmm. "Say, Filipino Adobo stew...let's read the list of ingredients in that one". "Frozen fish balls...do you think William would eat frozen fish balls? Let me hold them while I think about it".

Bill (who claims he likes 113 degree heat...as long as it's DRY)

I'm in Santa Clarita, which is north of Los Angeles. We're the home of Six Flags Magic Mountain, if you know where that is. Santa Clarita is a great place to live and to homeschool, but man, it is so fr#gg#n hot here from June until November.

Michelle T

I've driven through Santa Clarita several times. "If we can just make it to Santa Clarita, we will be out of LA!" :001_smile:

We are in AZ. It's a furnace. ugh. Why bother checking the weather? Today: sunny, very hot. Tomorrow: sunny, very hot.

You took the words right out of my mouth :o/........it is the pits. It was about 110 yesterday, and about 105-108 today (Santa Clarita). I think it is about 90 outside right now (10pm). I get cranky when it's like this. This is the 2nd "real" heat wave this year. Usually we get these temps end of July or Aug. We had a week of 102-105ish in May that was ridiculous as well, but a week later it was 65 again. When *those* 2 air masses collided, S.Cal. had all that wierd freakish weather......snow in the mts, tornadoes & wierd wind. Crazy. Waaaaaahhhhh.......I want June gloom!!!!!!! Nice normal 85 deg weather!!!!

I completely understand. I'm just sooooo glad that I have A/C in my house! We don't in our cars and boy it's hot drivin' around!

I must add, that my roots are in Houston, Texas, so I know that what I have here really does not even compare. I know that livin' here I am SPOILED ROTTEN. I always have to check myself when I say it's hot here to my mom! She always lets me know that I don't know hot anymore!

:eek: