Menu

I'd like to start digital scrapbooking. Need advice.

I'm ready to try digital scrapbooking -- I don't know why I've been so long to coming to it.

If you digitally scrapbook can you recommend a good one?

I have made calendars digitally as xmas gifts using Costco. Do you think Costco would be the cheapest/easiest place to do one?

Thanks!

Alley

If you are wanting to learn how do make your own things (papers, elements, pages etc) from scratch you need a good how-to. I bought this book a month ago and it's very thorough:

http://thedigitalscrapbookteacher.com/book.html

It is used with Photoshop Elements. Then you can simply upload your pages and print. I've printed pages at http://www.scrappingsimply.com and they do a good job. I thought their prices were reasonable too.

Jennifer

I'm another Photoshop user and sell my designs at a couple of different online shops. My Pic Tales is where I usually print my books. I believe they also have software online with papers and elements where you can do more drag and drop type layouts.

Cinda

I use Photoshop Elements, and recommend you use that for digital scrapbooking. It allows you the most flexibility and about the only limitation to it is your imagination. You can print wherever you want to. I often print my pages at Costco, but there are lots of online places as well where you can print pages or an entire book.

If you want to scrapbook digitally because it's faster and you want to make great looking pages quickly I would recommend Studio J by Close To My Heart. I was a die hard scrapbooking fan but as a consultant for Close To My Heart I needed to at least try it out so I could answer my customers' questions. I did and love it. I can scrapbook on my couch, stop in the middle, no mess to clean up, nothing to download. I just upload my pics, pick a layout that works for the pics I want to use, choose paper, embellishments,etc. You don't pay until you order. Then the pages are shipped straight to you ready to go into your page protectors - AWESOME! I don't even want to get out my paper, ink and stamps now. I love it!

You can check it out chantelle.ctmh.com

Choose products > Studio J

if you want to see some examples and/or watch some tutorial videos about it go here.

And if you have questions I'd be happy to try to help you!

I use Scrapbook Max 2.0 and My Memories 3.0. I prefer My Memories, even tho I use SBM the most (I've used it for years and am faster at it). I've checked out Creative Memories too, and it looks good.

You can usually find a $10 off code for My Memories (lmk if you need one)and they have a bunch of freebies. I use other freebies too. I rarely pay full price for kits (papers, embellishments, etc). I look for super deals, freebies on sites, and sign up for newsletters and like different designers on FB to get freebies. LOTS of good stuff out there.

My oldest tried to teach me PSE, but I'm Photoshop challenged. He uses CS5 for his designs.

I print pages at Scrappingsimply.com or Persnicketyprints.com. I use good codes at Shutterfly, Snapfish, etc for gift books.