Menu

Vent: crazy church people

If you decide to leave your church, that's fine. It's a choice that is between you and God.

If you decide to leave your church without even saying 'good-bye' to the pastor's wife - who has spent hours praying with you and for you, that's your decision. I think it's poor taste, reflects badly on your character, and simply reveals that you never actually considered the pastor's wife to be your friend. But hey, that's between you and God.

BUT

Do not leave your church without ever saying "good-bye" or "thanks!" and then attack my children at Walmart with your freaky hugs and gushing about how much you love them and miss them.

The people who really love you do not abruptly disappear from your life.

I am furious. :mad:

You know what I think? I think few people really love anyone these days. In the last days...most men's love will grow cold...

That's been my experience. I've been eliminated by people who called me "closer than my own sister" in my life.

I'm sorry. That's sad.

You know what I think? I think few people really love anyone these days. In the last days...most men's love will grow cold...

That's been my experience. I've been eliminated by people who called me "closer than my own sister" in my life.

I'm sorry. That's sad.

:iagree:

:grouphug: to you, JessReplanted.

I'm sorry. That's sad.

Unfortunately, this is a good part of the situation with Pastor's wives -- they deal with loneliness and lack of a TRUE and loyal friend from their own church. People who do get close end up showing their true colors like in this situation. Such is humanity -- not unique outside the church, either. Sorry OP, you had this experience. :grouphug:

I am in the position of leaving a church (and no the PW hasn't spent hours with me in prayer). I have been a long time volunteer so I interacted with the PW a lot. I feel that my church leaders are not doing exactly right (in several things).

Leaving is a slow process because we don't really want to leave, but cannot stay.

When I finally leave (meaning my last time there) I don't want a big scene, for many reasons

1) I don't want to influence others

2) I don't want to possibly say hurtful things

3) I don't want to have to explain myself if asked-- I have discussed issues with my PW, she knows where I stand.

But I don't dislike her, or her family or anyone at the church. Part of the reason I am leaving, is to preserve some aspects of the relationship.

If I saw her in the grocery store, I would say hi and catch up. I would not, however, gush.

:grouphug:

That reaction sounds like she was deeply embarrassed and her choice was to either gush, or to ignore you, which it seems she couldn't bring herself to do.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Ministry is hard. And as a pastor's wife I view myself as being just as much in ministry as my husband is. Ministry can be a thankless job many times. But I remind myself of how Jesus gave himself without asking for anything in return. I'm sorry that you are feeling so hurt and betrayed. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I feel the same way about families in our co-op who dropped out due to not knowing that a co-op is a commitment. They leave me in a lurch and then when I see them or they see a FB comment they "like" away on it like they've been friendly. Seriously people, don't act like you've had manners... when you haven't :(