Menu

Great Freebies for US History!

HSMom2One

I just discovered that LearnOutLoud.com is offering U.S. founding documents for free through July 4th. This would be great for students that are memorizing, or for those that would like to hear them audibly while reading along. All you have to do is go here and download the mp3's for free. Here's a list of what is included:

Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death" Speech

The United States Declaration of Independence

The Articles of Confederation

The Virginia Plan

The Constitution of the United States

Federalist Paper No. 51

United States Bill of Rights

Subsequent U.S. Constitutional Ammendments

First Inaugural Address of President George Washington

It also says that they, "include introductions to each document to give them context and highlight the significance they played in founding of the United States. So as we approach the 4th of July, learn about the founding of America with this historic audio book."

Blessings,

Lucinda

There's a plethora of information at their site, so be sure to browse around. Or you can just go straight to their catalogue to check by category.

During the summer I can see these would be great for the car, and in the winter they'd serve well sitting by the fire. It just adds so much more than only reading the text. Don't you think?

Blessings,

Lucinda