Menu

My friend was just diagnosed w/ breast cancer

She found a lump, went in for a mammogram and the doctor found a few more lumps. She had a biopsy that came back positive for cancer cells. She's undergoing a double mastectomy next week.

It's only been about three years since she had a complete hysterectomy after her annual pap turned up positive for cervical cancer.

My friend isn't even 30 years old. She has two little ones at home. She is just so, so young.

I'm so sad for her.

My mother is a survivor, twice over, 20 and 25 years ago. She's healthy as a horse now, thank God.

I know the fear; thank the Lord they're catching it now.

Praying for your friend, for a speedy recovery and adjustment after the surgery. She's blessed to have your support.

I'm sorry. What a thing to have to go through. My mother had a double mastectomy 40 years ago, and her mother had one too! She both survived and lived/are living long, happy lives. Hopefully they caught it early for your friend, too; there is so much more out there now in the way of treatments!