Menu

What is on your Wish List ~ LinguiSystems Sale

The 30% off sale at LinguiSystems starts on Monday

I am definitely interested in the Executive Functioning books that have been mentioned here quite a bit lately. I've also been checking out some of the sample pages for books about working memory, problem solving, and reasoning. Does anyone have LinguiSystems resources that they would recommend? Any good/bad reviews? What is on your wish list?

The 30% off sale at LinguiSystems starts on Monday

I am definitely interested in the Executive Functioning books that have been mentioned here quite a bit lately. I've also been checking out some of the sample pages for books about working memory, problem solving, and reasoning. Does anyone have LinguiSystems resources that they would recommend? Any good/bad reviews? What is on your wish list?

OOh time to see what the pricing will like like Monday. There is a few items I want to get for my boys have to see if I can squeeze an item or two into my budget.

Our educational therapist recommended Figurative Language Card Game and The Source for Learning & Memory Strategies. I'm also interested in the following but don't know if I'll get them:

The Source for Development of Executive Functions

Executive Functions Training (probably elementary)

Any comments/rec's for Auditory Processing?

After poking around with the two Source books I listed, I think I'm going to pass for now. (Our therapist said we could borrow hers for a day or two at a time.) I'm going to get:

Figurative Language Card Game

EF Training (elementary and adolescent)

The Auditory Processing Game

I'm really interesting in the Help for Auditory Processing book! Ugh, IDK what to do as I have a $100 limit. I feel like the Help book would be better than the game ... but the game would be better received than the book.

Well after reading this thread and checking out the site I definitely need to order the EF adolescent book. Off to check out this auditory processing game. Wishing I had more $$ to order the no glamour set too, but am happy that I figured out enough to get the EF book

Has anyone used the Nonverbal language kit

Edited by swellmomma

I've read on other threads here that the EF Training books should have been labeled something like #1 and #2, that one builds on the other. HTH

That's good to know, I will get both of them. At first I thought I would only get 2 things, but as I started going through the site and then calculating with the 30% off and realized it was free shipping to canada too (which nothing ever is) I got excited enough to add more to my cart. The sale is too great to not buy the stuff I can now. The EF books are a no brainer for me. And I am thinking of the no-glamour language/behaviour interactive software, and possibly a couple social skills board games for my ds8. Oh decisions decisions. I know I can order more at a later date and will have to but the savings right now are so huge.

Edited by swellmomma

Well after reading this thread and checking out the site I definitely need to order the EF adolescent book. Off to check out this auditory processing game. Wishing I had more $$ to order the no glamour set too, but am happy that I figured out enough to get the EF book

Has anyone used the Nonverbal language kit

I have the nonverbal language kit. The kit is good, but IMO you are better off getting the book Teaching your Child the Language of Social Success (not a linguisystems product). I have basically used the pictures from the kit with the easy to do ideas from the social success book. I think you could use photos and magazine cutouts in place of the kit to save some money.

I have the nonverbal language kit. The kit is good, but IMO you are better off getting the book Teaching your Child the Language of Social Success (not a linguisystems product). I have basically used the pictures from the kit with the easy to do ideas from the social success book. I think you could use photos and magazine cutouts in place of the kit to save some money.

That's good to know. Cross that one off my list.

Has anyone tried the social skills board games? Are they any good?

Thanks Jennifer. I just keep putting items in my cart and then I delete them, so I have not even placed my order yet. I need to make up my mind before the sale is over:).

That's what I am doing too. I fill up my cart, fiddle with my budget, delete a few things, fiddle again, add some more lol I need to make up my dang mind. My initial wish list was long but the prices are high. Based on my current cart the sale knocks nearly $100 off. How can I not fit it into my budget?

Our DS (10, in 4th grade) is superbright, but diagnosed ADD inattentive and also with sensory and some auditory processing issues (listens but only may internalize part of auditory instructions that are more detailed). He was doing well in school but the loudness/pace/commotion of school was not a good fit for him and beginning to be a problem.

Thank you all for the info about the Linguisystems sale. Can anyone tell me more about each of these, and/or about which might be most useful for us? I have heard of the EF Workbooks ....are they one of these? We are looking for something that has actual exercises or other things that we can work with him on to improve working memory and executive function especially.

The ones I'm looking at are:

Executive Function Training Elementary

Executive Function Training Adolescent

The Source for Development of Executive Function

The Source for Learning and Memory

Tasks of Problem Solving

Also, what are the source books like? Are they workbooks or how useful are they? And is there anything outside of Linguisystems that you would recommend to supplement?

Also wondering if there is any chance that any of these would be available through a library. Trying to hold costs down... :)

Thank you so much,

Amy

Our DS (10, in 4th grade) is superbright, but diagnosed ADD inattentive and also with sensory and some auditory processing issues (listens but only may internalize part of auditory instructions that are more detailed). He was doing well in school but the loudness/pace/commotion of school was not a good fit for him and beginning to be a problem.

Thank you all for the info about the Linguisystems sale. Can anyone tell me more about each of these, and/or about which might be most useful for us? I have heard of the EF Workbooks ....are they one of these? We are looking for something that has actual exercises or other things that we can work with him on to improve working memory and executive function especially.

The ones I'm looking at are:

Executive Function Training Elementary

Executive Function Training Adolescent

The Source for Development of Executive Function

The Source for Learning and Memory

Tasks of Problem Solving

Also, what are the source books like? Are they workbooks or how useful are they? And is there anything outside of Linguisystems that you would recommend to supplement?

Also wondering if there is any chance that any of these would be available through a library. Trying to hold costs down... :)

Thank you so much,

Amy

I got my hands on the Source book for memory. It was at least 60% clinician-type information. The other 40% was a mix of ideas on how to handle an issue, actual exercises to do with the child (both physical and academic as a multi-sensory approach), and the like.

I opted not to get the book b/c I felt that at the end of the day it was too much money kwim. I would probably only really use about 20% of the book w/my dd. Granted there's great info in there for me, but it's all stuff I could get from other books, fora like this, our therapist, etc. HTH!

I've shared our experience with Linguisystem's EF books here on the board. DS was just dx with ADHD last year, things were so rough here we were considering public school. The EF books were released this past fall, it was perfect timing for us.

This is the same son I wrote about here: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341077

I will add, that I am using Unstuck and On Target, another newly released EF product with my younger PDD-NOS son. He needed a more hands on approach, which this provides.

I don't think the EF book alone was "magic" but a combo of eliminating dyes, preservatives, upping the exercise, playing more games together, understanding him through the NP report, going with his input/output modalities via the Willis book I talk a lot about here, in combination with using both the EF books.

Michelle,

I was wondering if you did both EF books with your son? My ds is 11 and I was told (by the pathologist from linguisystems) that he should do the adolescent one and skip the elementary. I know she must be right but I was just wondering if you did one or both.

Michelle,

I was wondering if you did both EF books with your son? My ds is 11 and I was told (by the pathologist from linguisystems) that he should do the adolescent one and skip the elementary. I know she must be right but I was just wondering if you did one or both.

Nevermind. Found your old post.:001_smile: Looks like we're doing both.:tongue_smilie: