Menu

I have a terrible sunburn on my left leg.

It's from the way I was sitting at the park yesterday on our blanket. Who knew one could get a sunburn in the middle of March?! It's bad enough that my leg is a bit swollen. The skin is tight and it hurts to walk. :( I have seen several suggestions online but what are some of your best/favorite home remedies for sunburn? I have been sunburned before but I have never swollen from one. :confused:

Aloe and vinegar both work. If it is really severe use those during the daytime plus put some zinc oxide cream (diaper rash cream with a decent zinc level works great) on it before bed. This can really help the discomfort and it should be significantly better the next day.

Of course my family will tell you that I put zinc on everything skin related! But I do think it helps.

Hope it feels better soon!

Rosie, as soon as I saw your avatar, I was SURE you were gonna say that a visit to the chiropractor would help.

:D

(I kid, I kid. Sort of. :tongue_smilie:)

:lol::lol:

I love my chiro.:001_wub: Next time I go in I'll have to ask what the cure for sunburn is. ;):D