Menu

What are your families favorite suppers when it's hot outside?

Gazpacho

Chilled Cherry Soup

Chilled Tomato-Basil Soup

Cuban Black Bean Soup

Chilled Pasta Salads

Plenty of cold white wine

Rotisserie chickens (in a pinch)

Sausages and cheeses

Gelato & Sorbetto (both homemade)

And my wife sends me outside to grill just about everything else, so lots of grilled meats, grilled summer squashes, grilled fish, etc.

If you want recipes for any of the above just let me know.

HTH :)

When I don't want to cook (turn on any hot appliances in the evening) I will do one of the following:

pasta salad - pasta cooked in the morning. I try to put some type of meat in even if it is just sliced sandwich ham or pepperoni slices

sub sandwiches

veggie salad of some type. some times with grilled chicken some times not

tuna salad sandwiches/or wraps and chips

Otherwise I'll go the way of Michella, and have someone else do the cooking for me.

Sandwiches (great, fresh bread & rolls from the bakery, cold cuts, cheese, jam, nutella, lots of cold fruit & veggies alongside).

I'm thinking banana splits would make a great summer dinner too, lol. You can add lots of fruit, after all, right??? ;)

BLT's... MY personal favorite is BLTs. Mmmmm; can't get enough of them!! I make them at least once a week. 8yo could live without lettuce on his sandwich, but it hasn't killed him yet. :tongue_smilie:

Now I just wish I could get homegrown lettuce the same time I get homegrown tomatoes around here. Oh well.

Wraps are good and don't heat up the kitchen. Cook too much chicken or beef or shrimp at a meal and save the leftovers for a wrap night. Then just add fresh veggies, mayo or ranch dressing or honey mustard, roll it all up in a soft tortilla and call it supper.

We had this tonight with the leftover meat from yesterday's fajitas. We added lettuce, shredded carrot, ranch dressing, cucumber and it was very good.

I can't say enough about grilling: chicken, burgers, etc.. Of course, the clean up is a chore, but I'd rather that than have the entire house feel like an oven.

Also, salads, sandwiches, tacos and taco salad, left overs, and take out.

It makes for a stretch sometimes because I have to consider the special diets of my family.

Claire in NM

Me, my hubby, my ds, and my dd, and my pooch.