Menu

I got lost in the woods today.....

I went snowshoeing with a good friend and dd12 today. We FINALLY got snow and wanted to put our snowshoes to use! It was SO beautiful! We went to a state park and were surprised that there were no trail maps. We asked some women in the parking lot about which trails to take. "Start here, then take a left ther, then aother left, stay left,". I thought we were doing fine. We started to get really tired when an elderly gentleman xcountry skied up to us. We asked for help, he pulled out a map, told us again, "stay left at the fork, then go leftn then....."

We came upon outhouses! Dd12 and I definitely had to use them. It is EXTREMELY difficult to get in one and get situated with snowshoes on. It would have been a bigger pain to remove them than to put them back on!

I hear friend and men talking. We get out of the outhouse and my friend is sitting at a bonfire with two men a little further down. There is the coolest log cabin shelter! They had their maps out and were trying to guide us. I couldnt concentrate. One of the men was SO HANDSOME that it was just hard to concentrate! Well, I was also tired.

after the hunk of a man asked us several questions, he was really kind and careful when he told us we were going around in circles.:cursing: he told us how to get out, "go to the end of this trail, take a left, then at the end go left again......". I asked him how far we had to go, he said about two miles. :svengo: I told him maybe we should just call search and rescue because we were REALLY tired and sore. Then he tells us HE is search and rescue. HE would get that call.

:svengo::svengo:

We thanked them for their help and continued on, hearing them talk about how they cant believe we were out so long, lost...... Blah, blah, blah. Dd was ahead of us when I told my friend I felt faint and should I lose consciousness, call search and rescue.;) Of course my friend, a nurse, told me I would absolutely need CPR. :001_wub:

I know I am married. No, I would never cheat. But that man was simply GORGEOUS. I should have snapped a picture then photoshopped him into a kilt. You all would definitely :drool5:

Dd and I are so sore we can barely move.

I am telling you he was GORGEOUS!!!:blush:

Sorry you got lost and are sore, but meeting a beautiful man is always a good thing! :)

I am not sure if I made it clear or ot..... That man was GORGEOUS. :svengo::drool5:

We had a wonderful time but the last mile or so was a killer.

But we were fully prepared to call S&R if we couldnt make it.

Hunko man asked if we had a whistle. Forgot to pack ours..... Told him we would just yell.:D

That man was GORGEOUS!!!

There is nothing wrong with window shopping, as long as it remains looking and not develop into buying :)

My dh just rolls his eyes when he hears me talk about nice looking fellas. Last night was Daniel Craig lol.

I am sorry you got lost, but totally understand your reaction to the hunk! I took my boys to a concert once and we stayed after in line for autographs. When it was our turn, one of the men in the band was so handsome, I couldn't even speak. That has never happened to me before or since. When I got home, dh was painting. The first thing out of my mouth was that I had seen the most gorgeous man ever in my life. He never stopped painting. He just said, "I'm glad you came home." :001_smile:

At least being sore means you got your exercise for the day (week?)

There is nothing wrong with window shopping, as long as it remains looking and not develop into buying :)

My dh just rolls his eyes when he hears me talk about nice looking fellas. Last night was Daniel Craig lol.

This was the most handsome mane ever.:001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

I am sorry you got lost, but totally understand your reaction to the hunk! I took my boys to a concert once and we stayed after in line for autographs. When it was our turn, one of the men in the band was so handsome, I couldn't even speak. That has never happened to me before or since. When I got home, dh was painting. The first thing out of my mouth was that I had seen the most gorgeous man ever in my life. He never stopped painting. He just said, "I'm glad you came home." :001_smile:

At least being sore means you got your exercise for the day (week?)

:lol::lol::lol:

Hilarious!

We attended a performance of Othello today. It was a production for local high schools. The actor playing Cassio looked like he belonged on the cover of a romance novel. He took off his shirt during the brawl scene, and there was a collective, "oooh" from the female portion of the audience. He tried to ignore it, but couldn't help blushing, lol.

I should have snapped a picture then photoshopped him into a kilt.

Oh sure, Denise, NOW you think of taking a picture. :glare:

;) ;) ;)

A gorgeous stranger in a kilt would have been a nice way for all of us to start our weekends, but were you thinking of us? No, you were too busy doing this: :drool5::drool5::drool5:

Sure, I would have done the same thing, but I expected better from you. :D

I think you need to go snowshoeing and get lost again... with a camera.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

I will go so far as to admit that on our drive home I was thinking I needed to get back and snowshoe there again SOON before the snow melts. :blushing:

dh was totally on-reactive to my story.

Hilarious!

We attended a performance of Othello today. It was a production for local high schools. The actor playing Cassio looked like he belonged on the cover of a romance novel. He took off his shirt during the brawl scene, and there was a collective, "oooh" from the female portion of the audience. He tried to ignore it, but couldn't help blushing, lol.

:lol::lol::lol:that is SO funny!!!

Oh sure, Denise, NOW you think of taking a picture. :glare:

;) ;)

A gorgeous stranger in a kilt would have been a nice way for all of us to start our weekends, but were you thinking of us? No, you were too busy doing this: :drool5:

Sure, I would have done the same thing, but I expected better from you. :D

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: this is priceless!!!