Menu

One more time - which mini trampoline?

Do you have good health insurance? :D

This one is great fun but it did cost me an ER trip for stitches.

AND it's currently in a timeout storage until DS can remember:

- not to be underneath the trampoline when someone else is jumping on it.

- the bar is to hang onto while you jump, not jump over

- to begin jumping while standing on the trampoline, not on any nearby chair, table, etc.

- don't jump and eat

- one jumper at a time

Sigh, it was his Christmas present request. I think we'll have to moth ball it for a while or wait until we can take it outside this summer.

not sure exactly what you're looking for-we just have one kiddo so this is what we got 2yrs ago............

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Little-Tikes-7-First-Trampoline/16529105

Ha! They do make them with cages! I was joking about that, but it is pretty great. I didn't realize. I'm thinking of the little indoor ones, but the one you linked to is very tempting too.

I have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Urban-Rebounder-Folding-Trampoline-Workout/dp/B000Q6JO0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330655907&sr=8-1

It is very well made.

ETA: I thought you meant for you.....didn't read carefully.....this one is for exercising and very sturdy for adults, my boys do use it some as well, but probably not for what you want to use it for.

Edited by DawnM

We bought our's from Kmart. The best price I have seen it for is around Thanksgiving when it drops down to $79.99. http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_004W002042991000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

It is big enough for them to have fun, but small enough to not take up the whole room. If you are putting it on a wood or tile floor be sure to put a rug under it. Keeps it from moving around. If you can find one with a zipper that zips straight up/down or velcro, it will last longer than the trampoline cages that zip in a half circle for the door.

Edited by Cara in Ky

We got this one for our 4yo. I went back and forth about buying it, but I'm so glad we did! It's a lot of fun, bigger than it looks in the pic, and very sturdy. But I suggest leaving out the batteries--it's LOUD.

I ALMOST bought that the other week when Target had it on sale. But the noises put me off.... I'm glad to hear it's bigger than it looks though; it LOOKS tiny!

We had bought one with a "fence/gate" around it, but the poles that hold the netting up over time got bent out of shape so easily, that I personally felt it was safer without them... and it was kind of a medium trampoline so in the end I took it out of our living room.

I felt the need to have one though, because the kids love jumping! We got the following one at Costco during November sales and its weighted for adults too - 250lb weight limit. So everyone in our family jumps on it:

http://www.amazon.com/JumpSport-Fitness-Trampoline-Non-Folding-FlexBounce/dp/B0042H80WC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330697462&sr=8-2

No cage, but its extremely sturdy and we have the bar that comes with it also, so the kids use it to bounce and its weighted enough that if they hang from it, and sometimes even climb it it doesn't tip the trampoline at their ages. This trampoline is used in gyms, so its a little overkill but I wanted to get a sturdy/long lasting/safe (as safe as one can get) trampoline that fit in our living room. Did I mention it doesn't have springs? That bit too was a concern, as I've been on trampolines with the springs flinging off, and its scary!

I have a JumpSport too and I LOVE IT.

We used to have an Urban Rebounder but that thing squeaked so badly....We also had a cheapie from Walmart and it was so stiff that it hurt our ankles/feet.

The JS is quiet and bouncy and lovely (has bungees, not springs, so no squeak). I use it to "run" in the evenings while I watch t.v. Great investment (yes, it is pricey!) but it really is one of the best rebounders out there.