Menu

Oregon: Where would you stay right around Lincoln City??

:iagree:

My cousin lives in Pacific City and she has a house on a cliff overlooking the ocean.....so peaceful, small town, and beautiful! We saw whales from her living room window!

Dawn

If you're willing to drive just a bit, you might try going up to Pacific City. There are some newer places to stay and it's a lovely little spot.

Cat

I stayed this weekend in a lovely condo right on the ocean in Neskowin. It is about 10 minutes North of Lincoln City. The condos are called the Chelan and unit 1 is the best. Here's the site: http://www.oregoncoast.com/greyfox/. Very reasonable, too. They have lots of other rentals as well, from hotel rooms to huge houses.

Neskowin is nice because it is completely un-touristy... there is one tiny market and one (Great!) restaurant. They have seven miles of uninterrupted beach and the gorgeous Proposal Rock. But its close enough to Lincoln City that you don't feel out of touch. Enjoy!

Do not miss the aquarium there. Stunning isn't the word, amazing isn't the word...it's truly world-class....

Stay right on the shore, there was a lovely place we stayed at that had a restaurant on the grounds, a very old German woman who cooked authentic German food...I wish I could remember the name of the place, it was on the shore, the walls of it were painted in amazing colors like a Pendleton blanket....it was in Newport Oregon, just a few miles up the road, like 12 miles...

Ah, it was the Whaler Motel. It was excellent. :)

http://aquarium.org/

I would highly recommend Salishan Lodge. It would be very hard to beat as it is within a gated community right along the beach. Second option would be the Inn at Spanish Head as another poster suggested.

I'm a native Oregonian and love our coast. If you are able to head south on Hwy 101, stop by and visit Bandon. Newport and Bandon are the very best areas along the whole Oregon coastline. Of course it's all breathtakingly beautiful, but those are the coolest places to visit IMHO.

Blessings,

Lucinda

We did a trip down the coast a couple of years ago. We stayed at http://www.pelicanshores.com/. It was your typical hotel room but we got one on the first floor so we had a patio with chairs. We were able to put the kids to bed and sit outside for a bit. It was just a stop for us so I don't remember much about it.

YAY!! Thanks for sharing this!! :) I had already booked this before responses, due to my freaking out that I wasn't going to get a spot!! I'm gonna try some of the others... on another trip ;)

YAY!! Thanks for sharing this!! :) I had already booked this before responses, due to my freaking out that I wasn't going to get a spot!! I'm gonna try some of the others... on another trip ;)

Well now you're going to have to visit LC again and give us reviews of the different places to stay! ;)

My girlfriends and I often stay at the coast for our girls' weekends. (Just not in Lincoln City because my mom lives there part-time, so we just stay at her empty house when we go to LC.) We've found that often we can find a rental house for only a little more than renting two hotel rooms. There are several places that manage vacation rentals along the coast, so it might be worth looking into for your next visit.

Cat