Menu

Math Mammoth now on HSBC

boscopup

I'm in... I bought the light blue series. We've been using Singapore in addition to CLE and we like it... but, I think this will be easier to pick and choose which concepts we need to go deeper with, plus the price... yikes, we're getting the whole thing for what a year of Singapore would cost us. :)

Hoping the price goes down more. I'm wanting to buy the light blue series but the price is still a bit high for us at the moment, though it is a phenomenal deal!

You can go in and commit to buy when the price drops to 50% off. If the sale does not actually reach 50% off, then you will not be charged.

Hoping the price goes down more. I'm wanting to buy the light blue series but the price is still a bit high for us at the moment, though it is a phenomenal deal!

Log in and commit to buy only at 50%. If enough people do this, you will reach the 50% level.

You can always commit to the 50% off and if it doesn't get there you don't have to buy it. The more people that are willing to commit to the 50% off the better chance it will get there.

So who plans to start using it Monday?? lol! I decided a month ago to switch us over, and have been waiting, waiting, waiting for this sale to end!

Honestly, with the short supplement we used, I saw my daughter doing mental math that I would NOT have thought she'd be able to do. I was so impressed. She'll be switching immediately. DS is using Essential Math right now for K, so he won't start MM until 1st grade.

I’ve been eyeing this sale for days (and reading threads and looking at samples). But I’m having trouble making the leap. I don’t mean to hijack…But I would hate to buy six years worth of curriculum and then not use it…or have to buy it all later at full price... Please help me decide one way or the other…

Is MM really as good as I’ve heard? Would MM work well with a student who is accelerated? The other programs I’ve been considering for DS when we finish our current K level math in a couple of months are SM (but it’s expensive if you use everything), MEP (price is right, but the lesson plans look confusing to teach), and Miquon (I think he’d like the hands-on). I was also considering using MM and supplementing with IP and/or CWP and/or Miquon. Is MM as good as or “better†than these programs?

If I do get MM would you recommend getting just the light blue series or would need/want the all inclusive package?

I just pulled my kids from ps a week ago, and we have been waiting for this. We are going to observe Spring Break this week since the kids already had these dates etched in their minds and then begin with this the following week. Plus the website says it may take up to five days for us to receive. I also need time to print and take to Kinkos or Office Depo to coil bind.

Is MM really as good as I’ve heard? Would MM work well with a student who is accelerated? The other programs I’ve been considering for DS when we finish our current K level math in a couple of months are SM (but it’s expensive if you use everything), MEP (price is right, but the lesson plans look confusing to teach), and Miquon (I think he’d like the hands-on). I was also considering using MM and supplementing with IP and/or CWP and/or Miquon. Is MM as good as or “better†than these programs?[/i]

I'm not an expert, but my math accelerated five year old loves MM, and it's easy to accelerate. (That's why we're buying the 1-6 package right now.) We have Miquon, Saxon, SM, and we've done EPGY open enrollment. We'll probably supplement here and there with Miquon, Zaccaro's, and SM CWP and IP when we start doing math more formally. We also like Kitchen Table Math. MM will be our spine to ensure that we don't end up with gaps.

So who plans to start using it Monday?? lol! I decided a month ago to switch us over, and have been waiting, waiting, waiting for this sale to end!

Honestly, with the short supplement we used, I saw my daughter doing mental math that I would NOT have thought she'd be able to do. I was so impressed. She'll be switching immediately. DS is using Essential Math right now for K, so he won't start MM until 1st grade.

We're taking the next week off for spring break, but we will be starting with MM immediately after that. I can't wait to try doing it on the iPad!

I’ve been eyeing this sale for days (and reading threads and looking at samples). But I’m having trouble making the leap. I don’t mean to hijack…But I would hate to buy six years worth of curriculum and then not use it…or have to buy it all later at full price... Please help me decide one way or the other…

Is MM really as good as I’ve heard? Would MM work well with a student who is accelerated? The other programs I’ve been considering for DS when we finish our current K level math in a couple of months are SM (but it’s expensive if you use everything), MEP (price is right, but the lesson plans look confusing to teach), and Miquon (I think he’d like the hands-on). I was also considering using MM and supplementing with IP and/or CWP and/or Miquon. Is MM as good as or “better” than these programs?

If I do get MM would you recommend getting just the light blue series or would need/want the all inclusive package?

This will be my first year and I knew I wanted to use MM. I figured the all inclusive package for $115 includes over 50 workbooks so there is no where to lose really. Where can you get a math workbook for $2.30? If for some reason I didn't like it, I could use them for extra practice all the way up to 7th or 8th grade. It's a deal I couldn't pass up.

BTW it's 40 people away from 50% off!

Do they have these sales often? I'm tempted... I've heard so many good things. Only good things, actually: does anyone NOT like this program? But as others have said, it's still a leap, especially since we're doing MEP. Though I had a frustrating day with MEP today, so I'm in a bad MEP-related mood.

Ugh, indecision! I'm practically panicked over this :tongue_smilie: Good deal. But as I always say, something's not really on sale if you weren't planning on buying it. But I was planning on buying it, just not this year.

/wanders off, continuing to mutter to herself. :001_unsure:

I have not used the program before. I bought the Blue Series just to use extra practice pages. I have heard great things about but I am not ditching our current program - just supplementing.

I believe I read somewhere that HSBC has this sale twice ayear - but don't quote me on that.

If you want in - you better do it now - sale is ending today!!

Do they have these sales often? I'm tempted... I've heard so many good things. Only good things, actually: does anyone NOT like this program? But as others have said, it's still a leap, especially since we're doing MEP. Though I had a frustrating day with MEP today, so I'm in a bad MEP-related mood.

Ugh, indecision! I'm practically panicked over this :tongue_smilie: Good deal. But as I always say, something's not really on sale if you weren't planning on buying it. But I was planning on buying it, just not this year.

/wanders off, continuing to mutter to herself. :001_unsure:

Woo hoo!! This couldn't have come at a better time! We were hitting a wall with my DD (2nd grade) and our current math program. I pulled out the MM free worksheets and she loved them!! Actually said, "Yay! More Math Mammoth!" when I brought them out for the third day. I'm really excited about using these with her! :)

It takes a few days for her to send out the download links. Maybe 3 or so? HSBC has to give MM the data, and then MM sends links out to everyone. I'm guessing you won't be able to start Monday, but probably could start middle of the week. :)

Glad y'all made it to 50%!!! That was a close one!

I came downstairs at 2:30 EST (so 30 minutes before it ended) and bought the light blue set. :001_huh: I haven't told DH yet...

:lol: I can sympathize. I did actually ask S/O before I bought...but all I told him was that the math curriculum I'd been looking at for DS to use when he's finished with his current one was on sale for 50% off...I left out the fact that I was buying a whole set of curriculum... :001_huh:

:lol: I can sympathize. I did actually ask S/O before I bought...but all I told him was that the math curriculum I'd been looking at for DS to use when he's finished with his current one was on sale for 50% off...I left out the fact that I was buying a whole set of curriculum... :001_huh:

Let's just say he was unimpressed when I told him that we could use it until 6th grade and now I'd never need to spend money on math curriculum again! (At least until middle school).

Though I have the best of intentions right now to stick with MM and the free MEP, I have to admit that he knows me too well...

Just checked my email and my download was waiting for me!! SO excited because I wanted to start using some of it this coming week so I have plenty of time to browse through and start printing now :)

I hope you all get your links today too :)

So exciting! i hope me link comes today too! I am not a patient person!!!

Found mine in my gmail spam this morning... so, if I get a new computer in the next four years, what do I do?:tongue_smilie:

You can either burn it to a CD or (even better) upload it to an online service such as Google Docs, Dropbox, or others. I recommend having an offsite backup of digital curriculum like this because if something happens to your physical house (fire, tornado, etc.), you'll still have these things available to you.

And if you forget to back it up and something happens, you CAN e-mail Maria and she'll send you a link to download again. I've done this twice to get upgrades anyway. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

So far so good! We've been doing about a lesson each day, and we have 3 lessons left in the first chapter. Some of it was so easy that DD was bored and grumpy, but then she got even grumpier about skipping things. She's a very methodical child :lol:

But it's ramped up pretty quickly, and she's perked up now that things have gotten a little harder. She even asked to do it today!

Very happy here. Ds loves working on the iPad! At first he was a little resistant to figure out things that were more challenging for him, but then he got excited when he figured it out and asked to do some more problems. I love how many ways the material is presented, and I think we will be able to slow down and accelerate easily if we need to, which is really nice.