Menu

Update on my dh...a glimmer of hope!

Many of you have prayed for my dh because of the job issues, especially related to the minor stroke he had last year and the loss of his commercial driving license. I thought I'd add an update today to let you know what's been happening.

After the stroke dh was so unsure of what to do job-wise after he was transferred to a maintenance position within the company -- and a hostile environment that was really miserable for him. That situation was rectified a month ago when he got permanently laid off, and I think we were both relieved because it forced him to think deeply about what he wants to do for the next ten years before he retires. So he delved into some research, knowing that even though he's nearly 60 yo he needs to be retrained for another line of work.

It took awhile to decide, but he finally did. This week dh applied with a medical school and has been accepted in their Pharmacy Tech Certification program and will be a full time student for the next year. I'm really proud of him for making this bold step, and am thankful he finally has some direction and goals to work toward.

Thanks for your prayers and support. We'll be on a tight shoestring for awhile, but I think we may see a glimmer of hope finally up ahead. Hopefully our bank will allow some grace since he's in school and we'll be able to stay out of foreclosure. If you think to pray about that piece of the puzzle too, it would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings,

Lucinda

This week dh applied with a medical school and has been accepted in their Pharmacy Tech Certification program and will be a full time student for the next year. I'm really proud of him for making this bold step, and am thankful he finally has some direction and goals to work toward.

Thanks for your prayers and support. We'll be on a tight shoestring for awhile, but I think we may see a glimmer of hope finally up ahead. Hopefully our bank will allow some grace since he's in school and we'll be able to stay out of foreclosure. If you think to pray about that piece of the puzzle too, it would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Wow, that's awesome!! :) And maybe he'll even be able to work part time till he's 65 or so (after he's ready for retirement)... and stockpile a "little extra" for you guys!! :) So happy for you!! :)

Praying for you and your husband. It's tough to make a complete career change as we get older, so I really admire him for stepping up to the plate and taking charge of his future. I also hope he really appreciates all of your love and support, as many wives would have just told him to go out and get any job, just for the money, but you are thinking about his happiness first, and are willing to make some sacrifices so he can pursue his new goal. :grouphug:

Thank you all so much. What a great group of people here! I appreciate all the prayers, support and encouragement more than can be expressed. I'm so blessed to know that, in addition to my own church family, I can always count on caring people to rally around us.

Blessings,

Lucinda