Menu

13 years on ebay?????

I had to look mine up. I made my first sale 10 years ago. I remember back in 1999 or 2000 when someone I worked with told me that she sold things on ebay. It seemed like a new thing back then (I don't know when ebay started, though). It sounded like some weird, radical thing to me. :)

ETA: found when I signed up: Jan. 2001.

Edited by gardening momma

Hrms My first feedback is April 16, 1998. Back before paypal. When ebay sellers took "Checks" (it references sending the check quickly)

So that makes almost 14 years on ebay.

My first feedback is in July 1998. That's just scary.

Not only did sellers once take checks, I frequently spoke both to buyers and sellers on my telephone, which was hard-wired into my wall. And my house had one phone jack.

My first feedback is from 2005, but that was on my current account. I had one way back right after high school. I actually purchased my very first CAR on ebay motors when I was 18. That was 11 years ago! Later on when I wanted to use ebay again, I had forgotten all the sign in info for my old account so I made a new one.

Many of you have me beat. But I just checked. I've been a member since 2002. WOW. 10 years for me! I remember joining it to purchase my first born's nursery items. Awwww!! She was born in 2003. But I have no idea how I heard about it. I can just remember one of the first things I bought on there was sesame street nursery decor. :lol:

We've been on Ebay since before it was Ebay-since it was "Auctionweb", and was used primarily to swap/sell used computer hardware/software. At the time, DH and I were grad students and supplemented our income by buying big lots of old computer equipment at the university surplus auctions, building systems, and reselling them to college students who needed basic computer access and on Usenet groups/Auctionweb.

I entered grad school in 1994 :).

Wow, you are really old!

:lol:

My first feedback is in July 1998. That's just scary.

Not only did sellers once take checks, I frequently spoke both to buyers and sellers on my telephone, which was hard-wired into my wall. And my house had one phone jack.