Menu

Would you mind continuing prayer for Jonah

We just got back from the ENT surgeon. He believes it is still the same lymph node infected from December. He thinks all of the Staph & MMSA did not get cleared out and has slowly built up again. They wanted to take him immediately in to surgery, but we had just been breastfeeding. So we would have to wait 8 hours according to hospital rules that treat breast milk as a solid :confused:

A blessing did happen when we were there though. I went to the bathroom after the nurse left and I left all the kids in the room. When I was walking back I heard Jonah crying and my oldest ds opened the door and Jonah's lymph node wound had burst. It was so awful. He had fallen and the pressure made the site explode. I was upset, but they were able to culture the pus. And it made surgery not so imminent.

After talking with the surgeon a long time he made a deal with me to hold off surgery until he checks him again on Friday. He will give us these days for the infection to drain out and antibiotics to work. If the cultures come back that it is the same bacteria we do not have as much to be concerned about. If it is a different bacteria than we will have to investigate potential immunological issues.

Sorry for this long explanation. I wanted to ask for you to specifically pray that the lymph node incision drains all the infection out on its own and that the antibiotics kick the bacteria. I really don't want my little man to have to have surgery on Friday. Thank you for uplifting Jonah's name!!! Our gracious and awesome Father hears our prayers and is working in Jonah!