Menu

Juice Plus? Info?

Can anyone give me any info/reviews on this? I had another homeschool mom tell me about it last night and she was raving about it.

She also mentioned something about free for kids for 3 years? Or something like that? Was it a promotion?

We do smoothies and very, very little processed foods but I this intrigued me.

So anyone? :)

It's a home-based business and probably a good product, but the hype probably isn't what they make it out to be. If you're doing smoothies with raw fruits and veggies, I'd stick with that.

They do have something where the product is free for young children with each adult purchase. That used to be about $40/month.

I am a Juice Plus rep. There are 22 pieces of published, peer-reviewed research about this product. You can read them on my site: http://www.simplicitywithjuiceplus.com - lower left corner. The research is done by prestigious universities and colleges, not Juice Plus themselves.

If an adult purchases, their child can receive it free for up to three years. The child needs to be age 4 - 18 or a full time college student.

Let me know if you have more questions. :)

It's quite popular in our area.

I haven't gone on it yet, but a friend is a rep (she's who I'll get it from, when I do get it - we now have like 5-10 reps in our church :lol: ) and she gave me a month's supply to try and I really liked it. I just haven't been able to justify that amount of money per month at this point. :)

Since it says it is the "next best thing to fruits and vegetables" I would be sticking with the actual best thing.

I have three children, so just the basic stuff would be $40? So, if all 5 of us took it (2 kids "free") it would be $120 just for the basic vitamins?

I can buy an awful lot of actual fruits and vegetables for that amount and actually have them fill up a little.

But don't mind me, I am pretty anti-MLM.

Since it says it is the "next best thing to fruits and vegetables" I would be sticking with the actual best thing.

I have three children, so just the basic stuff would be $40? So, if all 5 of us took it (2 kids "free") it would be $120 just for the basic vitamins?

I can buy an awful lot of actual fruits and vegetables for that amount and actually have them fill up a little.

I can buy all the actual fruits and vegetables I want. I can go to whole foods and buy them all organic. The price isn't the issue. But if the kid would rather starve than let vegetable pass his lips what do you suggest? I'd love it if he would actually eat the real food. I'd love it if he would actually fill up a little. But he won't do it. As in WILL NOT do it at all. Offered veggies first and told you get the rest of dinner after you eat that one tablespoon of a veggie, he would go to bed without dinner.

Personally I think he needs more in his diet than just strawberries, bananas and honeydew. So I guess "next best thing to fruits and vegetables" would actual be the best thing.

That is what put me off too. It would be the same for us (we are a family of 5). With that same $120 I can buy the regular fruits and veggies and make smoothies.

I can buy all the actual fruits and vegetables I want. I can go to whole foods and buy them all organic. The price isn't the issue. But if the kid would rather starve than let vegetable pass his lips what do you suggest? I'd love it if he would actually eat the real food. I'd love it if he would actually fill up a little. But he won't do it. As in WILL NOT do it at all. Offered veggies first and told you get the rest of dinner after you eat that one tablespoon of a veggie, he would go to bed without dinner.

Personally I think he needs more in his diet than just strawberries, bananas and honeydew. So I guess "next best thing to fruits and vegetables" would actual be the best thing.

For you it might be worth it then. I (fortunately) have kids that like to eat salads and green smoothies so I can get them the veggies.

I was mainly looking for a supplement for those times when we can't get our smoothies or just to boost what we do have.

I think I am going to stick to good ole fruits and veggies. It just can't spend that kind of money.

I have one child who is pickier than the others. This one won't eat certain fruits and veggies, but he will eat others.

I personally would suggest offering a wide variety and making him eat it until he finds some he is willing to eat.

My picky eater will eat romaine but not spinach

He will not eat tomatoes (fresh) but will eat cut up cucumbers

If my child wouldn't eat any vegetables he would be a very hungry boy.

To me, I make him sleep, bathe, do school, and any other thing that is for his health and well-being. Eating is no different.

That may sound really harsh, but I do try to work WITH my child as much as I can.

Dawn

I was skeptical of it. I'd heard of Juice Plus, but thought it was just a scam. Then, a friend of mine, who I trust, started using it and gave me some to try.I have to say, I can tell a difference. I have more energy throughout the day (I don't mean like being on speed, but I don't get that afternoon slump), and I've also noticed other positive differences in the um..intestinal regard.

It's not a vitamin; it's a food, so I do take my multivitamin and calcium, too. But I can definitely see a difference in how I feel.

And, my first thought was, "Why not just eat that much in fruits and veggies?" but I won't. I know myself; I won't eat that much every day, so JP has worked well for me. Also, my dd doesn't eat veggies or fruit much, no matter how I try to get it into her. It's not a battle I want to have, so I have her take JP, too. She's not said anything about feeling different, but at least I know she's getting the nutrition in her diet.

I'm leery of any company that uses the MLM approach when it comes to health. IMO, sound science is not sold in churches, home parties, etc.

For awhile there were MANY homeschoolers in our area who were pushing that sugar molecule stuff*-the company that went around telling moms of Down Syndrome kids that if they took their supplement they wouldn't "have that Down Syndrome look anymore". :001_huh: Thankfully, that fad has passed.

ETA: *Mannatech! That was the name of the company! That was going to drive me crazy.

Edited by ThatCyndiGirl

Juice Plus is not an MLM. :)

The fruits and veggies are juiced, dehydrated, sugar and salt crystals removed and then encapsulated or put into a chewable. They are dehydrated at a low temperature so the enzymes are still present when you eat them.

I started taking them for energy...I have that in spades now. My children & I eat VERY well but I still put all of us on Juice Plus for the immune balancing properties and so I could relax about making sure they get 7-9 veggies every day. I juice, I do smoothies, but I still love the benefits of Juice Plus in my body. My husband will NOT eat well and I won't mother my husband; but he'll eat Juice Plus and I cannot tell you the difference it has made in him. He will not go without it now.

The cost was difficult at first but when I realized it's less than $1.50 a day, I figured I can cut something out of my life for that. I won't eat this amount of fruits and veggies in a day, no matter how good my intentions are.

Juice Plus is not an MLM. :)

Potaytoe, PuhTAHtoe....Call it what you will, but the structure is VERY similar to MLM's. I understand that the party line in Juice Plus is to say, "We are not an MLM", but when you are encouraged to get people under you.....you are MLM-esque at the very least.

It reminds me of Amway in the 90's. They had such a bad reputation that they would actually tell people, "We aren't Amway".

http://mlmfiles.com/juice-plus-compensation-plan-%E2%80%93-earn/

The product is good regardless of what anyone wants to call it. I am not big on recruiting people under myself. I know there are many who are but it's not my cuppa...I just want to give people an easy way to get fruits and veggies in themselves and their kids.

I figure there are so many hard things in parenting, getting enough veggies in my kids with Juice Plus is one easy thing and I'm happy to be part of it. :)

I don't sell juice Plus. We have family that purchases ours for us. The vitamins are good. I have seen pictures of Centrum vitamins stuck inside of more than one person's colon. Gross! It makes more sense to me to take foods instead of isolated vitamins.

We can't afford to purchase them for our crew. What I do is take the bottles we have and divide them between the children. I think you are supposed to take two fruits and two vegetables twice a day. We just give the children one of each once a day. It is not ideal, but it is better than nothing. I know some of the bottles carry the Kosher seal. They are food, so if you are not used to eating correctly you will see temporary results of switching from non healthy to healthy. Just like you would if you switched from no fruits and vegetables to many. You could end up with...ummm...bathroom issues. If you already eat healthy this shouldn't be a problem.