Menu

Those who use MCT Caesar's English 1 might appreciate this

So my 10yo dd doesn't like the paperwhites that are blooming in my kitchen and tells me they stink.

Apparently my response was not what she hoped for because she then leaves me a note saying, "The odious smell of the flowers wafted malevolently through the house, disturbing the serenity and leaving a profound veil of stench hanging in the air.":lol: Even though little was spelled correctly (that's another issue), I had to give her credit for creativity.

"The odious smell of the flowers wafted malevolently through the house, disturbing the serenity and leaving a profound veil of stench hanging in the air."

:iagree:

I absolutely hate the smell of paperwhites. We potted some up this winter for our botany study but, as soon as they neared blooming, they were set outside.

Aside from totally agreeing with your daughter... :lol: What a creative writer!

So my 10yo dd doesn't like the paperwhites that are blooming in my kitchen and tells me they stink.

Apparently my response was not what she hoped for because she then leaves me a note saying, "The odious smell of the flowers wafted malevolently through the house, disturbing the serenity and leaving a profound veil of stench hanging in the air.":lol: Even though little was spelled correctly (that's another issue), I had to give her credit for creativity.

Bravo!!!

You MUST MUST post that to MCT at the MCt messageboard. He would so love to read that! Absolutely wonderful!

Thanks for the suggestion, I will. I'm going to the Cincinnati GHC and told my daughter I might read it to the man himself. She got a kick out of that.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I thought it was a pretty funny use of her vocabulary words.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will. I'm going to the Cincinnati GHC and told my daughter I might read it to the man himself. She got a kick out of that.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I thought it was a pretty funny use of her vocabulary words.

He will love it!

See you there! :D