Menu

My 3 yo just told me he swallowed a screw

He said it went down his throat. We play a game where he eats my nose and it goes down his throat etc. But we weren't playing a game and he was in the other room, came in and told me. So now I don't know what to think. Do I need to take him to the ER? Let things pass normally?

Edited: Thanks. I did call the pedi on call who said unless he has stomach pain or vomitting it should pass on it's own.

Thanks anyways. The things this kid does/thinks LOL.

Quiver, you need to duct tape that kid to the wall and leave him until he is about 17 or 18. He's gonna be the death of you! You are going to need therapy after you survive this one.

I hope your family really did send you to that spa for Mother's Day. You deserve it for sure!!

The things this kid does/thinks LOL.

Wait a minute! Is this the same child that stuck the wire into the electrical socket the other day????

Quiver, you need to duct tape that kid to the wall and leave him until he is about 17 or 18. He's gonna be the death of you! You are going to need therapy after you survive this one.

I hope your family really did send you to that spa for Mother's Day. You deserve it for sure!!

Yep, yep, yep! Hopefully he is getting it all out of his system now. :001_smile:

And, did you get away to the spa for Mother's Day? I lost track of that.

Yes, this is the same child LOL. I didn't go to the spa yet cause we were going to use our stimulus check and then that got messed up cause of the turbo tax/direct deposit thing. We should get out check right @ the time of my gallbladder surgery . How nice :D

We have a 4 yo boy after 2 girly girls, and we keep a running list of things he says that you would never hear from a girl. My favorite so far (and this was said with great excitement on his part): "Mom! I caught my first cockroach!" It was a palmetto bug and not an indicator of poor housekeeping on my part, but still--the pure joy in his voice was priceless.

Terri

We have a 4 yo boy after 2 girly girls, and we keep a running list of things he says that you would never hear from a girl. My favorite so far (and this was said with great excitement on his part): "Mom! I caught my first cockroach!" It was a palmetto bug and not an indicator of poor housekeeping on my part, but still--the pure joy in his voice was priceless.

Terri

Hilarious! Gotta love em.

Terri

LOL! My favorite recurring conversation with my boys is:

Concerned Boy: "Mom? If I [lick, touch, eat] [whatever the item in question] what'll happen?"

Me: "Probably nothing"

Concerned Boy: "Would it kill me?"

Me: "Probably not. Why?"

Concerned Boy: "Because I just did."

Explain this to me--if an alarm bell goes off in the boy's head after he does this thing why does he not have the same alarm bell go off before he does it?