Menu

I had happy tears today!

My stepdad got me the most awesome present for my birthday. One of his jobs is to work events at an arena and he gets to meet bands and speakers. Well, Beth Moore was here and he got to hang out with her during her stay. He told her I was a big fan and that I had the same name. She was so excited and she got my stepdad's address and when she got home, she autographed her So Long, Insecurity devotional journal and mailed it to him for him to give to me for my birthday. In it she wrote:

"To Beth Moore, What a blast is that??! I'm so happy to serve you. God loves you so. Love, Beth Moore" And she drew a smiley face next to her name! She also included a picture that she took with my stepdad too.

I stared at the journal and the expression on my face must have been crazy because everyone got quiet and I just burst into tears. This is one of the best presents I've ever gotten in my entire life! I think my stepdad had tears in his eyes when he saw how happy it made me. And now I feel guilty because I have had some issues with him and said I didn't like him, and he went and did this for me. And even more importantly, I've been having some issues in my life and this book is just the perfect timing. I'm still reeling with shock and excitement. How cool is that? I don't even know what smiley face to add here! Is this a God moment? I've been asking for some kind of acknowledgement so I don't feel alone and then I get this? Wow. Just wow.