Menu

Excercise thread 1/22-1/28

I had my heart set on going to the Les Mills release party at the gym I attend tonight. Dh even took off of work so I could attend. I am sick. :( Maybe I will feel better by this evening but I doubt it, even if I were I don't think it would be a good idea to work out.

I had my heart set on going to the Les Mills release party at the gym I attend tonight. Dh even took off of work so I could attend. I am sick. :( Maybe I will feel better by this evening but I doubt it, even if I were I don't think it would be a good idea to work out.

Oh no! I am sorry! Load up on them drugs and go!

I haven't exercised all week but went for a light jog this morning. Next week is phase 2 of P90X2. I expect a lot of pain.

So sorry you are ill! I hope you get better SOON!

Friday: Les Mills Pump - Revolution

I wasn't supposed to do this until the middle of next week, but I couldn't wait! Really liked it. Lot more reps in the squats track, and also has a biceps and triceps track. I really like the biceps track! There is going to be a learning curve on the right amount of weight. I used the suggested beginner weight for most of this since I had not done it before. I did use the lower intermediate weight on the lunges. I have GOT to locate some 2.5 lb plates. Ten pounds per side is not enough on some tracks, but I know I couldn't handle fifteen either. It also takes me longer to do this workout than it says b/c I am not that speedy about changing the weights. Hopefully, I will get faster at that. I think once I settle on the right amount of weights for each track that will help speed things along, too.

Definitely glad that there are bicep and tricep tracks in this.

I lost track of the days this week but I've done 2 days on the treadmill at an hour each and two new EB workouts...Fat Burning Fusion and Grace & Gusto...she accurately describes her workouts as deceptively challenging :D

I let my oldest dd borrow JM BFBM last night and she called to fuss at me for bringing her such a hard workout :tongue_smilie:

Oh no! I am sorry! Load up on them drugs and go!

I haven't exercised all week but went for a light jog this morning. Next week is phase 2 of P90X2. I expect a lot of pain.

My chiro also recommended I just go tonight. She said to just sweat it out! :lol: Luckily I am feeling a lot better than I was last night and feeling better than this morning. I did take a couple ibuprofen this morning so that is probably why. My only concern with going is that it is 3.5 hrs long, but I don't have to do everything. If I did go I'd want to do BodyPump (~45 min - everything but the abs and cooldown), BodyStep (30 min, no recovery tracks just the peaks :eek: ), BodyCombat (30 min), CX Worx (30 min) and BodyFlow (30 min). I guess if I went and felt awful after Pump & Step then I would just head home.

So sorry you are ill! I hope you get better SOON!

Friday: Les Mills Pump - Revolution

I wasn't supposed to do this until the middle of next week, but I couldn't wait! Really liked it. Lot more reps in the squats track, and also has a biceps and triceps track. I really like the biceps track! There is going to be a learning curve on the right amount of weight. I used the suggested beginner weight for most of this since I had not done it before. I did use the lower intermediate weight on the lunges. I have GOT to locate some 2.5 lb plates. Ten pounds per side is not enough on some tracks, but I know I couldn't handle fifteen either. It also takes me longer to do this workout than it says b/c I am not that speedy about changing the weights. Hopefully, I will get faster at that. I think once I settle on the right amount of weights for each track that will help speed things along, too.

Definitely glad that there are bicep and tricep tracks in this.

Thanks for the well wishes :) I saw that you did not like Combat. I think doing it in a class environment is so much different and I am not sure if I would like it at home either.

Does the bicep track have a lot of bottom halves and up quick/down slow? Those are killer for me. I only use 11 lbs (2 - 2.5 kg plates) and sometimes I feel like I can barely finish!

Definitely find more plates! Maybe you can find some on ebay? My gym is getting rid of their old plates and getting new ones, I wonder what they are doing with the old ones.

I lost track of the days this week but I've done 2 days on the treadmill at an hour each and two new EB workouts...Fat Burning Fusion and Grace & Gusto...she accurately describes her workouts as deceptively challenging :D

I let my oldest dd borrow JM BFBM last night and she called to fuss at me for bringing her such a hard workout :tongue_smilie:

EB= Ellen Barrett?

Yes I did. I did. I did. I did. :D

I went to the Les Mills launch party tonight and had a fabulous time. I did all of the classes except for BodyAttack (which reminded me of 80s aerobics :lol: ). BodyPump had some crazy lunges (fast ones) into power knees which was almost impossible. BodyStep had a lot of split jump lunges that were very hard. I will most likely be sore tomorrow but I am so glad I went!

Happy weekend to everyone!

SJ

Yes I did. I did. I did. I did. :D

I went to the Les Mills launch party tonight and had a fabulous time. I did all of the classes except for BodyAttack (which reminded me of 80s aerobics :lol: ). BodyPump had some crazy lunges (fast ones) into power knees which was almost impossible. BodyStep had a lot of split jump lunges that were very hard. I will most likely be sore tomorrow but I am so glad I went!

Happy weekend to everyone!

SJ

:grouphug:

Glad you had such a good time!

I did JM 6 Pack in 6 Weeks. It's been a very long time since I've done one of her DVDs.

I always find myself wondering if the women in workout DVDs have had children. I mean you never see stretch marks or saggy skin. I'm thin but I have saggy skin on my tummy from it having stretched so much in three pgs. Is it even possible to get rid of the saggy stretched out skin?

I did JM 6 Pack in 6 Weeks. It's been a very long time since I've done one of her DVDs.

I always find myself wondering if the women in workout DVDs have had children. I mean you never see stretch marks or saggy skin. I'm thin but I have saggy skin on my tummy from it having stretched so much in three pgs. Is it even possible to get rid of the saggy stretched out skin?

Have a tummy tuck! :D I know that isn't what you meant.

I thought I had cellulite on the fronts of my thighs. My dear friend assured me I did not have cellulite on the fronts of my thighs..."those are just wrinkles." Like THAT was supposed to make me feel better! So, I am not sure you can do anything for saggy, stretched-out skin. Sorry. :tongue_smilie: Just thought sharing the fact that I have wrinkly thighs might make you feel better.

Saturday: Brazil Butt Lift - Bum Bum and High & Tight

Haven't done these in a couple of weeks b/c of Pump. Think I will be sore tomorrow! I am going to add these back into my rotation on a cardio day. I know the Bum Bum isn't *that* cardio-ish, but it is somewhat.

I think my eventual schedule (once I work up to it in Pump) will be:

Monday - Pump Revolution

Tuesday - Pump Step and ab work

Wednesday - either BBL Sculpt, NMTZ, or Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training

Thursday - Pump Sports Attack and ab work

Friday - Pump Extreme

Saturday - BBL Bum Bum and High & Tight

That only has me doing Pump twice a week instead of three times, but I think I will be happier with some variety thrown in. I will alternate those

three DVDs I listed on Wednesdays.

What do y'all think of this plan?

SJ - so glad you were able to make it to the Pump event last night!

I finished off my goal for the week today with 2 miles walked. I had to do it in my clogs with a low heel as I didn't think ahead. I had some down time at a park during an activity my kids were participating in---so I walked back and forth! I think from now on I'll have my sneakers in the car.

massage is suppose to help saggy stretched out skin.