Menu

If you had $200-$300 to spend on something frivolous & fun....

They are very expensive shirts. :001_huh: How do you feel about budget medieval tunics? :tongue_smilie: (That is not me, btw.)

:lol: I didn't think it was you. :grouphug:

Sorry, don't like them. Wish I could find a cheaper sort those tunics and dresses. My dd reminds me that that is what designer is. Lots and lots of $$$$. :glare:

Good to know, thanks :) Dd is "tough" but my boy is the sensitive sort. We could stick to the comedies. I shall have to check youtube...

Rosie

I'm on a constant look-out for The Merry Wives of Windsor. I can never seem to find one. We love Shakespeare comedies.

Although I love to bake, I've come to a point in my life, where I am trying so hard to avoid it. The more I cook and bake, the more I gain weight. Cooking and I are not good friends. :tongue_smilie:

Wish I could find a cheaper sort those tunics and dresses. My dd reminds me that that is what designer is. Lots and lots of $$$$. :glare:

Have you ever looked on Hautelook? They have lots of sales on designer stuff all the time. You can sign up for a daily email (free) that tells you what the deals are for that day and the website also always has the upcoming events listed. I've bought quite a lot of stuff of there at like 50-80% off. Here's my personal invite if you're interested, but you don't have to use it if you don't want to. You can also sign up directly at hautelook.com

:lol: I didn't think it was you. :grouphug:

Sorry, don't like them. Wish I could find a cheaper sort those tunics and dresses. My dd reminds me that that is what designer is. Lots and lots of $$$$. :glare:

Well I think Ibbygirl has a better suggestion, but are you quite, quite sure you don't just need collars and cuffs to spruce up your regular shirts?

KWCSCollar.jpg

KWCSCuff.jpg

I'm just teasing. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by Rosie_0801

Have you ever looked on Hautelook? They have lots of sales on designer stuff all the time. You can sign up for a daily email (free) that tells you what the deals are for that day and the website also always has the upcoming events listed. I've bought quite a lot of stuff of there at like 50-80% off. Here's my personal invite if you're interested, but you don't have to use it if you don't want to. You can also sign up directly at hautelook.com

Thank you. I signed up for them a while back. Then the daily emails started to drive me a little batty. I dislike daily emails, unless if I will really and truly benefit. Odd question: what designers do they usually have? Do they ever have Tory Burch? If so, I'll sign up again! :D Thanks. :)

And Rosie, you're making me laugh with the collars and cuffs. :lol:

Thank you. I signed up for them a while back. Then the daily emails started to drive me a little batty. I dislike daily emails, unless if I will really and truly benefit. Odd question: what designers do they usually have? Do they ever have Tory Burch? If so, I'll sign up again! :D Thanks. :)

And Rosie, you're making me laugh with the collars and cuffs. :lol:

Oh gosh! They have so many designers on there. I think a week or so ago they had Missioni on for $100.00!! I wish I had had money! They have Tory Burch, Betsey Johnson, Amrita Singh, Michael Kors, sometime Gucci and Chanel, Valentino, too many. You just have to keep a watch on the emails because they have different sale events every day.

What I do with the daily email, is I just hover my cursor over the message title and it expands the title (kind of like how you can see the first sentence of a thread without opening it here on the WTM Forums) and if its nothing I'm interested in, I just delete the email then and there w/o opening it.

I don't mind them though because I've gotten a lot of great deals on there so for me its worth it. But I use them mostly for skin care though, I don't really have the coin to afford much of the fashions even at that kind of discount. I was dying the other day because they had winter boots on and they were all so nice and some of them were around $40.00!! But I didn't have any spending money.

They do have a lot of great deals though especially if you're into designer stuff. The jewelry is nice too. I've gotten some nice earrings on there as well really cheap. :)

Loving all the responses! :)

Yes, I had also thought of a Kindle or Nook as well. I like to read in the bed at night while hubby goes on to sleep, so that might be a good idea as well.

Hmmmm... so much to think about. :)

I just got the kindle touch and love it. It is a gift that keeps on giving. I have been able to get library books plus amazon has a 100 bestseller list top free books updated hourly. I have downloaded 40+ free books since Christmas, now just to find the time to read them all...

Have fun choosing your splurge!!!

Oh gosh! They have so many designers on there.

What I do with the daily email, is I just hover my cursor over the message title and it expands the title (kind of like how you can see the first sentence of a thread without opening it here on the WTM Forums) and if its nothing I'm interested in, I just delete the email then and there w/o opening it.

Thank you :D. I just signed up. I hope it works. It was giving me a bit of hassle because of Grenada having no zip code.

Thank you :D. I just signed up. I hope it works. It was giving me a bit of hassle because of Grenada having no zip code.

I'm pretty sure they ship internationally. I always forget you're not in the U.S. even though it's right there in your username. lol Whenever I talk to you it always feels like I'm talking to a friend so you always seem closer than you actually are. :) :grouphug:

I hope you find your designer on there. I'm sure you will eventually. They have vintage Halston on there today I saw. Some of them are really nice. The skin care events are the ones that I usually watch out for. It's the only way I can afford to try some of those higher end skin care lines.

Do you like jewelry? If you do you might like Amrita Singh. They have her items on pretty often and they are beautiful Indian style pieces. Her jewelry uses a lot of the colors of the tunics you posted pics of so I thought you might enjoy her pieces. :)

Happy shopping. :p

Edited by Ibbygirl

What would it be???

Hubby got a bonus at work and he wants to get me something. This is the first time that we don't have to use the bonus to pay bills, so it is a nice treat.

Anyway, I have been thinking about a Keurig coffee maker, a nice blender, some type of exercise equipment (like a bike or a rowing machine), a kitchen aid stand mixer, etc.... However, I am having a hard time with this believe it or not! Haha!

I know, nice problem to have. It is actually that I keep thinking, nooooo, I don't really need that OR will I really use that?

Soooo... any thoughts on items I have mentioned or any great suggestions???

My hubby is treating himself to an iPad. It will really be ours. :) That is a nice treat for him and he has definitely earned it at this job of his.

Anyway, curious to hear everyone's thoughts and ideas. Thanks!!! :)

an electric "wood stove" to put in the livingroom. A dinner and movie night out with the family. An order for the kits I want from corps for rediscovery. THe last time I had bonus money I bought my kitchen aid mixer, I love that thing and have used it regularily for years now. The next time I get some (which if things go smoothly will be in about 5 months or so) I will be funding our summer vacation.

I would start with what I like and how to express that with a purchase.

I like knitting, reading, and hiking. A lot. I like to cook, but don't do it all that much, and I don't have a deep desire for any cooking stuff right now.

I would probably buy a sterling pendant that is shaped like a nautilus and is a cleverly disguised knitting needle size measure. I think that would cost about $75; I have not looked lately. I have wanted it for years, but can't really justify it.

I would buy some Tillie Thomas bead silk yarn and make myself an utterly elegant, ethereal, gorgeous scarf with it. Another $75 or so.

I would buy some awesome, double layer, padded hiking socks. $20. And maybe a pair of light opera glasses or binoculars. No idea how much.

I would not buy any books. I have enough books. I did not think that that was possible, but it is. (Maybe even too many books.)

These are all things that would be luxurious for me, that cost more than I would reasonably spend on them on my own. That's why I picked them.

I'm pretty sure they ship internationally. I always forget you're not in the U.S. even though it's right there in your username. lol Whenever I talk to you it always feels like I'm talking to a friend so you always seem closer than you actually are.

You're sweet. Thank you. :grouphug: :D

If I do order from them, I'll probably have it shipped to an address in the U.S. - which is in itself a giant pain, but less of a pain than having anything other than books shipped directly here. The customs here charges a LOT, LOT, LOT!

I'm going to keep my eyes open for all the stuff you mentioned. No emails from them yet. If I don't hear from them within the next few days, I'll try to sign up again.

i want to know too. Whatdja get??

Yes, I've been curious also. :D

You're sweet. Thank you. :grouphug: :D

If I do order from them, I'll probably have it shipped to an address in the U.S. - which is in itself a giant pain, but less of a pain than having anything other than books shipped directly here. The customs here charges a LOT, LOT, LOT!

I'm going to keep my eyes open for all the stuff you mentioned. No emails from them yet. If I don't hear from them within the next few days, I'll try to sign up again.

I don't remember how long it took for me to start getting the emails. Maybe a day or so? Can't remember now. I hope it helps you save some money on that designer you like. :)

You're sweet too! I'm still take my son for walks on the beach almost everyday to stretch out his tendons after reading it on that message board you linked me to. :) Thank you again for that. :grouphug: The Dude would be proud of you. :p :D