Menu

Ruler Pencils!

I posted a couple months ago about my son's (Nathan-ds11) Kickstarter project to make ruler pencils. The project was funded above and beyond anything we ever expected and today 5000 ruler pencils arrived at our house! Nathan has been stuffing envelopes all day so that we can send the pencils to his many kickstarter backers.

He also started a web site to sell the pencils.

We are so proud of him!

www.rulerpencil.com

When ds6 was doing his math today the pencil came in really handy for a page on measurement. :)

Wow...that's so funny! I was lying in bed working on a sketch tonight and I actually did need a ruler. I even turned to DH and jokingly asked if he had one handy. He did not, so I had to drag my 6mth pregnant body out of bed to get one out of my office. :lol: I'm definitely ordering some.

Congratulations to your son!

Cool idea. I'd buy if there were a decent mechanical option (DS6 exclusively uses .9mm lead mechanical pencils). Another idea would be to make slim, super-pliant measurement stickers to apply to the side of any writing implement. Or, I guess, you could implement some sort of sleeve or "pencil cozy".

Edited by Iucounu