Menu

What's the last movie you watched by yourself?

I'm with you on that. Sean Bean has quite a list of movies in production, including a version of MacBeth (his character) with Tilda Swinton as Lady MacBeth. I can picture him running his hands through his hair now.:)

Ooh, I'm so excited to have found another Sean Bean fan!!! :D I have one friend who likes him too, but everyone else says "who?". Have you seen any of his older stuff? I really like him as Richard Sharpe, even though that series was so low-budget and cheesy in some ways (but still fun) -- he made it work! And I absolutely adored him in Lady Chatterley with Joely Richardson. But, not knowing what your sensibilities are on this issue, I should warn you that that's the kind of movie that would have caused my Mom to leap up from the couch declaring "too raunchy!" and turning off the tv -- and that's only in the first half! ;) Can't wait to see him as Macbeth -- that news made my day!

I love Sean Bean too! I read all the Sharpe books after seeing him in that series... and of course, he was great in Lord of the Rings. But a VERY different character.

Yay, we've got our own little Sean Bean fan club going here. :001_smile: I read all the Sharpe books because of that series too! Ok, not all. I'm currently in Sharpe's Siege and I think that Sharpe's Revenge is the last one after that. I'll be sad to see it come to an end, but I'm also looking forward to the part where he ditches that little ____ of a cheating, thieving wife and has a happily ever after with Lucile. At least I think it's "ever after"?

I can answer for my dw, too, because I declined to watch "Sense and Sensibility" with her last night. But hold your tomatoes: it wasn't because of the movie or even the Floppy-Haired Brit. ;) I was just exhausted.

Maybe the movie is better than the book, but I wouldn't have blamed you for just wanting to skip it. After all of the Jane Austen raves on here, I just read Sense & Sensibility... at least I found a cure for my insomnia. :001_smile:

Hubby has to get up really early in the morning and went to bed early so I put this in because I knew he wouldn't care if he saw it. I'm really liking it. We watched Bleakhouse last month and I am on a major BBC kick. I am actually not done yet, hopefully tonight I can watch Episodes 3 and 4.

Gone Baby Gone in the fall time. I don't usually see movies alone though I do watch tv alone a lot. My husband didn't want to ee it since he thought it would be depressing. It was but also very thoughprovoking.

Sometimes someone watches Dr. G with me or Medical Mysteries but often they don't. I also watch some political shows they don't Fox NewsWatch, Beltway Boys, etc. They watch plenty that I don't. Dopey vulgar comedies, woodworking shows, history programs, science other than weather or criminal science shows, etc, etc.

My husband picked it up for me. When I started the dvd, I thought that I was having a nightmare...Where have I seen this before?

Rewind...I saw this movie when it first came out, and I found it to be incredibly boring. I think it was so bad that I repressed the memory of seeing it and, thus, forgot I even saw it.

Sorry, all you Become Jane fans!

Claire in NM