Menu

Science Vids (streaming) for Kids that are a reasonable price?

WIS0320

www.thehappyscientist.com $20 a year and they are wonderful!!! We are basing most of our science there these days. Rob is obviously very into what he is doing there' date=' and it's contagious.

We have Discovery Streaming through G3, it's $59 a year that way and includes brainpop and brainpop JR, but they only sell subscriptions in August through them.

We also are known to use Bill Nye, Mr. Wizard and Beakman's World.[/quote']

For what age/grade level would you say the happyscientist is for? I have a 12yo/7th grader....would this be appropriate. Looks interesting.

Completely!

He says himself that he tries to teach to the whole family. The videos are entertaining and informational to me' date=' to my 13yo, to my 7yo, my 6yo and even my almost 3yo likes to watch him.

He has a pretty long thread here on the board about what do you want from a science curriculum.. it's current so should be on the first few pages here if you look ;)

He seems to be a very personable, down to earth guy.. we really like him, he clicks well with my family.[/quote']

Fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing this.

• 2 weeks later...
I find Youtube to be a reasonable price. :D

Seriously, I made a list of the Youtube channels I like to check when I'm looking for science videos.

For a middle school age kid, I would really be looking at adult level popular science videos anyway. Hulu and Netflix both have a good number of NOVA and National Geographic videos.

Just checked out your list - awesome! Thank you! ;)

Edited by lisabees

www.thehappyscientist.com $20 a year and they are wonderful!!! We are basing most of our science there these days. Rob is obviously very into what he is doing there' date=' and it's contagious.

We have Discovery Streaming through G3, it's $59 a year that way and includes brainpop and brainpop JR, but they only sell subscriptions in August through them.

We also are known to use Bill Nye, Mr. Wizard and Beakman's World.[/quote']

What is G3?

DE Streaming is $199 at Homeschool Buyers Coop....much easier to bite than the $400 at DE.

For iPad - YouTube, Khan Academy, Netflix, assorted apps, and DE Streaming does work on it too.

I don't know if Amazon Prime will stream on the iPad - tried it once and it didn't, but haven't tinkered around like I did with DE to get it to work on the iPad.

Are people not seeing my posts? You can get Discovery Streaming FREE!! Pay for it if you want, but you can get it free, and legally.

Yeah, I don't think the majority of people have free access. I asked my school district repeatedly if they subscribe and they refused to answer. Then I tried asking Discovery and they wouldn't tell me. Oh well. At least G3 is cheap!

Yeah, I don't think the majority of people have free access. I asked my school district repeatedly if they subscribe and they refused to answer. Then I tried asking Discovery and they wouldn't tell me. Oh well. At least G3 is cheap!

Same here. Basically I was told that even if they did have it they would not give me the code. I just went with G3. Definately worth the $60 to save my voice (I like to yell at unreasonable school officials).

fwiw, there is a site online that streams the magic school bus videos online for free - I used to have it bookmarked but lost it when I had to wipe my PC for a virus.

It's what we used last year for science for K - it was a big hit.

I used to have that website saved too but when I looked at it recently they had removed all the links.

• 2 weeks later...