Menu

What do you fix for dinner when you don't feel like fixing anything?

I'm talking for dinner tonight and it's too late for any lazy crock pots, I fear.

I have ground buffalo in the basement, some canned beans and tomatoes, etc. I'm also about to run to the store anyway so really, anything simple goes. I'm avoiding all over-processed food right now due to over-use of it last week.

You guys are brilliant. I forgot about the breakfast for dinner thing. We love having the rare French Toast dinner. I'll get whole wheat bread and with the eggs we're mostly balanced, right? Stick some fruit on it?

You guys are brilliant. I forgot about the breakfast for dinner thing. We love having the rare French Toast dinner. I'll get whole wheat bread and with the eggs we're mostly balanced, right? Stick some fruit on it?

:iagree:

I ask the kids to fix dinner! :) Tonight was one of those nights and dd, 10, came up with something all her own and LOVED it. I decided DS's night will be Wednesday. If it all goes well, I'll do this more often!

I'm actually training for a triatholon right now and Mon. and Wed. nights (during dinner) is when I go to my training class. Why didn't I think of this before?? I have been making dinner ahead of time for the past two months!! :D

A bowl of Breyers All Natural icecream with sprinkles on top

current flavor (subject to change at a moment's notice): cookies & cream :)

LOL! In their dreams. I don't know if I could bring myself to it but it does sound like a really fun dinner.

Spaghetti (canned 1.00 hunt's sauce) and meat- ground beef sauce

Noodles

Salad or Frozen veggies

I only use one pot, brown the meat, throw in the red sauce, add a few seasonings, boil the noodles and either microwave the frozen veggies or cut up a cucumber, carrots, celery or salad and stick it in a bowl. The end.

:thumbup:

We call it "Whatever Night" and everybody makes their own thing. My kids like those nights.

Sometimes I make biscuits (the easy refrigerated kind when I'm really lazy). I warm up fruit cocktail, put about a Tablespoon of tapioca (dry, from the little red box---well, I put the tapioca in a bowl and put some hot water on it and let it swell/absorb THEN put it in the fruit) in, let it boil, then simmer for a few minutes. Then we use a ladel to put the hot fruit on our biscuits (after we cut the biscuits in half and put a little marg or butter on them). Sometimes the kids put a whipeed topping on it. But usually we just eat it like that. It's really good!

A big hit around here has been smoothies. Takes about 3 minutes to make, and my kids and husband love them. I toss in the blender: 3 containers of sugar free strawberry banana yogurt, a good portion of frozen strawberries, 2 scoops of sugar free vanilla whey protein, half a cup of ice, and a bit of water. Makes enough smoothies for all three of them. When they eat this, they don't complain about being hungry - the protein powder makes it very filling. Toss in some flax meal for extra nutirional value!