Menu

I want to cry!

I love it -- it looks incredibly stylish. It gives your whole look a lift! And, it will grow quickly now that it has had a good trim.:grouphug:

Is that really true? I've always heard that but dismissed it as an old wives' tale.

it's way better! you look younger and you can see your face better!

and to be fair, won't the bottom of the chin always be just above the shoulders? ;)

Thank you. I don't know about y'all's anatomy, but my chin is several inches above my shoulders. :tongue_smilie:

:group: I'm sorry it's not what you wanted, but I think it's very cute looking! :) It will grow out too, because as Mamma always said.. It's just hair, it grows back. Don't panic. ;)

I feel your disappointment though. A friend who was also a professional hairdresser did my hair many times and it was always spot on.. Until the time she gave me a perm and it was so tight I couldn't get a comb through it!!! I did everything you AREN'T suppose to do to try and wash it out some and it was a no go. I went back to her 48 hours later and she was in utter shock about how tight it was. :lol: Even after a relaxer there was still HEAPS of curls. Never let anyone curl my hair again after that. :lol:

I also have curly hair and "shoulder length" is always at the chin. Play with it for awhile, try new ways of doing it, swept back, new part... baretts aren't just for kids! You might find you like it. If not at least you took it in stride and had "fun" with it. Personally I also like the shorter style on you, frames your face nicely.

I think it looks great and not like a bob! A bob is all straight lined and cookie cutter looking. Your hair has depth and dimension. It looks fab!

i have a funny for you: I can laugh about it now (and so can my childhood BFF). We were about 14 and wanted to cut each others' hair. She did mine first and it looked great! I started on hers and it was almost down to her bottom - beautifully straight and thick. Well....everytime I would cut it, one side would be shorter than the other. I worked my way around her head consistently making one side shorter than the other until she ended up going to a beauty salon to get it "fixed." By the time it was all said and done, it was up to her EARS. They actually shaved the back and stacked the top! I am 32 now and I am pretty sure she will never let me live it down!

All that to say...it could be worse??? Don't let friends cut your hair??? Nah...I think it was just for a laugh!

I really like it!! I think it looks great! I bet you will be surprised at how easy it will be to take care of. However, I understand that you would be upset that you did not get what you asked for. A proffessional should know to cut curly hair dry, or at least take the curls into consideration.

Having said all that, I wish I had your curls!!!!

It looks fabulous - light and pretty! And I wouldn't take the time to post if I didn't really think so.

But yes, I've recently had my own hair cut misstep, so I sympathise. I always refuse to let my dismay take over for at least a week or two. By then the style has either "settled" (as mine did, although it took closer to a month) or I've got use to the change.